Sinaloa.- An intense shower is registered on the night of this Thursday, August 26, in various areas of northern Sinaloa; Guamúcchil, Guasave, and Los Mochis, recently the intensity of the winds and electrical storm.
The storm that has the inhabitants of these municipalities under protection, due to these conditions that began shortly after 8:00 at night and at the moment caution is recommended in areas susceptible to flooding.
In the last warning that covers from 8:00 at night to 00:00, the forecast of very strong punctual rains accompanied by electric shocks, gusts of wind of 50 to 60 kilometers per hour, and possible hail fall in:
Choix, El Fuerte, Ahome, Sinaloa, Badiraguato, Guasave, Salvador Alvarado, Angostura, Mocorito, Culiacán, Navolato and Culiacán.
This storm that has thousands without electricity, is released from tropical waves that interact with other systems that generate a large contribution of humidity.
The weather forecast until 6:00 am on Friday, August 27 is as follows: *
- Intense rains with torrential punctual rains (150.1 to 250.0 mm): Guerrero.
- Very heavy rains with intense punctual rains (75.1 to 150.0 mm): Oaxaca, Chiapas and Veracruz (center and south).
- Heavy rains with very strong punctual rains (50.1 to 75.0 mm): Sinaloa, Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima and Michoacán.
- Intervals of showers with strong punctual rains (25.1 to 50.0 mm): Durango and Quintana Roo.
- Showers intervals (5.1 to 25.0 m): Baja California Sur, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Zacatecas, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Puebla, State of Mexico, Mexico City, Tabasco, Campeche and Yucatán.
- Isolated rains (0.1 to 5.0 mm): Sonora, Chihuahua, Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Tlaxcala and Morelos.
- Possible hail fall: Durango, Sinaloa, Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacán, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Chiapas and Veracruz.
- Wind with gusts of 60 to 80 km / h and waves of 2 to 3 meters high: Guerrero and Oaxaca coasts.
- Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km / h: Baja California, Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Durango, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Guanajuato, Puebla, coasts of Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo, as well as in the Gulf of California.
- Maximum temperatures of 40 to 45 ° C: Baja California Sur, Baja California, Sonora and Sinaloa.
- Maximum temperatures of 35 to 40 ° C: Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Nayarit, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
- Minimum temperatures for the early morning of Friday from 0 to 5 ° C and possible frosts: mountainous areas of the State of Mexico, Tlaxcala, Puebla and Hidalgo.
It was chaos, we got scared and shouted: Employees narrate collapse in Guamúchil maquiladoraAn employee told Línea Directa that when the infrastructure collapsed it was a moment of terror and each one tried as best they could to protect themselves;
the dining room, kitchen and infirmary area were the most damaged
Screams, panic and chaos lived dozens of workers from a maquiladora company, whose infrastructure collapsed on Thursday night as a result of the heavy rain and wind that hit the Évora region; this incident left at least 14 people injured.
One of the employees narrated when leaving, that this fact was madness and that they remained working while there was electricity and paradoxically it was cut off when the metal infrastructure covered with canvas that formed the roof and walls collapsed.
“While there was light we continued working, it was heard very ugly, screams, they fell like stones above, there was a pregnant girl who came and threw herself there on our feet, where she was in great panic.”
Some of the staff were having dinner and it was precisely the dining room, kitchen, and infirmary area that was most damaged by the collapse.
The employee explained that when the infrastructure collapsed it was a moment of terror and each one as best they could look for a way to protect themselves, but there were several pregnant women who suffered the worst part and the greatest fear.
“We got scared, obviously, we all shouted, there were many that curiosity made them move, huddle together, it was chaos, it was very ugly.”
He indicated that when the aid bodies arrived they began to give attention to the wounded and to the women who had nervous breakdowns and the rest were taken to the patio, in the rain and without being allowed to leave, until the personnel trucks arrived and began to evacuate them.
With the certainty that it would be difficult to sleep after what they experienced, they went home and to be aware of the indications on the conditions in which they will resume their activities.
Motel clients evacuated in Guasave due to falling trees
They had to be taken out of the rooms due to the danger posed by the strong winds
The director of the corporation, Macario Gaxiola, said that they do not yet have the accounts of people who had to be removed from the rooms of the establishment due to the risk that the fall of various parts of the poplars that are around represented for them.
“A tree fell, the people evacuated the Mission hotel firefighters there, it is full of trees there, poplars and they had to remove people, the tree fell on top of the rooms,” he said.
At the moment there is no accounting of the damages, both the Public Safety, Civil Protection, Traffic, Firefighters and Red Cross areas are working in the support of people who require collaboration.