* The sum of efforts between the municipality, the state and businessmen, is the basis for this destination to continue growing today, says the head of Sedectur.
Mazatlán, Sinaloa.- The Secretary of Economic Development, Tourism and Fisheries, Ricardo (Pity) Velarde Cárdenas, assured that Mazatlán continues to advance, and according to a preliminary report of the summer survey carried out by Sedectur, 45 percent of the tourists visit the destination for the first time.
This, he considered, is undoubtedly due to the promotional efforts being made in favor of the destination, where an interesting synergy has been established between the municipal and state governments, with the business sector.
In this sense, he indicated that the installation of the Tourism Promotion Council, which will determine the destination of the proceeds of the 3 percent Lodging Tax, is very positive, and although the municipality was not included, he considered that Mazatlán is well representing with the two Hotel Associations.
However, he made it clear that they would like to be part of the Council.
“Specifically to the question, that you ask me, if as a municipality we would like to participate in this Tourist Council, of course yes, of course we would like to add and contribute and generate that joint vision that until today we are carrying out, to which we are very grateful to the government, the Ministry of Tourism and the different Associations, because we know that the great result of the growth that the destination is having is thanks to the joint vision that we are having of promoting Mazatlan and our State” , he expressed.
Pity Velarde pondered whether or not they are integrated into the Council, coordinated work will continue “as we have done so far with both the state government and the different associations,” he concluded.
The Mazatlan Post
- For the 491st anniversary of Culiacán, they hold a skateboard contest; children and young people participated
- Heroic act cost him his life! He drowned in the Mocorito river when he went to save some children
- The history and legend of the ‘Mirador del Corazón’ in Mazatlan
- Lies about Moving to Mexico – ALL BULL SHIT