The City Council had been waiting for the Judge’s resolution since last February; they argue in court that they have delays in the files due to the pandemic, says secretary Edgar González.
Mazatlán, Sinaloa.- The case of the lawsuit for the possession of the Teodoro Mariscal baseball stadium remains unsolved by the Court, we are waiting for the resolution, informed the secretary of the City Council, Edgar González Zatarain.
He said that they were waiting for the judge’s decision for February, March at the latest, but they are already in May and they have not been told anything about the stadium case.
“They have been going to court on the legal side but finally they argue that there has been too much work accumulated due to the pandemic issue, which was the reason why many files on issues that are there are delayed, large amounts of files,” explained the municipal official.
He rejected that the case of the lawsuit for the possession of the Teodoro Mariscal Stadium has been lost by the municipality.
“No, because once they notify us, our duty is to be transparent, if he is lost, we have to return, that cannot be hidden, and if he wins the same, we have to say it, it is an issue that goes a long way, because he would prove us right. Judge, they are going to appeal and if it is given to them, we are going to appeal, it is an issue that will last for a long time yet, “he said.
González Zatarain assured that in this particular, there is still no resolution, and when there is, there is the commitment to teach it to make it known.
On April 6, 2020, the Municipal Government took possession of the Teodoro Mariscal stadium by withdrawing the 25-year concession from the Toledo Corro family, who filed a complaint with the courts.
However, on July 15 of that same year, it was returned so that the ball games would take place. In addition, in February of the following year the Caribbean Series was going to take place in Mazatlán, for which the mayor Luis Guillermo Benítez Torres endorsed the commitment before the authorities of the Cabildo Series that the possession of the stadium did not run any risk.
Once the Caribbean Series was over, the company “Espectáculos Costa del Pacífico” did not return the stadium, as promised, and the City Council filed a lawsuit in court.