Over 55,000 expected to visit Mazatlan’s aquarium during the Easter holidays

201

During Holy Week and Easter 2021, there were about 50,000 visitors to the Mazatlan Aquarium, and this year the estimate is above 55,000 with a significant economic impact, said the director of the Buenos Aires Aquarium, Pablo Rojas.

Interviewed within the framework of an interactive visit of penguins with representatives of the media, the municipal official said that the Aquarium maintains some promotions and in the case of the elderly it is 50 percent; people with different abilities do not pay and 15 percent for locals.

He recalled that 95 percent of the visitors to the Aquarium are nationals and the other 5 percent are foreigners.

Asked about the “Penguinary”, he said that it is still the great attraction of the Aquarium and that there are five interactive exhibitions with visitors so as not to tire the animals.


Regarding the entry into force of the new “Jacques Costeau” Aquarium, he said that he does not know and that other authorities are the ones who have that information and who will be responsible for these new facilities.

Location

The Mazatlan Post