The National Meteorological Service highlights various active systems that will keep mornings very cold, but noon warm with up to 40 degrees Celsius in much of the country.
Mexico.- In its 24-hour forecast notice, the National Meteorological Service reports that this Thursday, January 13, the cold air mass associated with cold front no. 21 and a low-pressure channel over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico, will cause heavy occasional rains accompanied by electrical discharges and possible hail fall.
The areas affected by these weather conditions will affect Veracruz, Oaxaca, Chiapas and Tabasco, Puebla, and Campeche; The climate agency highlights that the cold to very cold environment will persist with frosts at dawn on the Mesa del Norte and the Mesa Central, as well as a north component wind with gusts of 60 to 70 km / h in the central coast of Veracruz, Isthmus and Gulf of Tehuantepec.
Finally, it indicates that an anticyclonic system at medium levels of the atmosphere will maintain stable weather and a low probability of rain over most of the national territory and will continue to raise maximum temperatures in the northwestern regions of the country.
Precipitation forecast for today January 13, 2022:
• Intervals of showers with strong punctual rains (25 to 50 mm): Veracruz, Oaxaca (north), Tabasco and Chiapas.
• Intervals of showers (5 to 25 mm): Puebla (east) and Campeche.
• Isolated rains (0.1 to 5 mm): Baja California, Tamaulipas, Colima, Michoacán, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Tlaxcala, State of Mexico and Quintana Roo.
Forecast of minimum temperatures for today, January 13, 2022:
• Minimum temperatures of -10 to -5 ° C: mountains of Chihuahua and Durango.
• Minimum temperatures of -5 to 0 ° C: mountainous areas of Sonora, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Zacatecas, State of Mexico, Puebla, Tlaxcala and Veracruz.
• Minimum temperatures of 0 to 5 ° C: mountainous areas of Baja California, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Michoacán, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Mexico City, Morelos, Oaxaca and Chiapas.
• Frosts: Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, San Luis Potosí, Zacatecas, Durango, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Michoacán, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Veracruz, Puebla, Tlaxcala, State of Mexico, Mexico City, Morelos and Oaxaca.
Forecast of maximum temperatures for today, January 13, 2022:
• Maximum temperatures of 35 to 40 ° C: Sinaloa, Nayarit, Jalisco, Michoacán, Guerrero, Oaxaca (coast) and Chiapas (south).
• Maximum temperatures of 30 to 35 ° C: Baja California Sur, Sonora (south), Colima and Morelos.
Wind and wave forecast for today January 13, 2022:
• North event with gusts of 60 to 70 km / h: central coast of Veracruz, Isthmus and Gulf of Tehuantepec.
• Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km / h: Baja California Sur, Sinaloa, and Gulf of California.
• Swell from 1 to 3 meters: Gulf of Tehuantepec.
Forecast by regions:
Valley of Mexico: Cold to very cold environment at dawn. During the day, conditions of partly cloudy skies will prevail, with no rain in Mexico City and with the probability of isolated rains in the western part of the State of Mexico. North component wind from 10 to 15 km / h with gusts of up to 35 km / h. In Mexico City, a minimum temperature of 5 to 7 ° C and a maximum of 21 to 23 ° C are forecast, as well as temperatures of 0 to 5 ° C and the probability of frost in high areas that surround the region. For the capital of the State of Mexico, minimum temperature of -1 to 1 ° C and maximum of 18 to 20 ° C.
Baja California Peninsula: Partly cloudy to cloudy skies during the day with isolated rains in Baja California. Cold morning temperatures with frosts in the mountainous areas of Baja California and a cool environment in Baja California Sur. Northwest wind from 10 to 25 km / h in the region, with gusts of 50 to 60 km / h in Baja California Sur and in the Gulf of California.
North Pacific: Partly cloudy sky, no rain in the region. Cold to very cold morning environment in high areas and icy at dawn in the Sonora mountains. Warm to hot atmosphere in the afternoon on the coasts. Northwest wind from 10 to 20 km / h with gusts of 50 to 60 km / h in northern Sinaloa and up to 50 km / h on the southern coast of Sonora.
Central Pacific: Partly cloudy sky with the probability of isolated rains that could be accompanied by electric shocks in Colima and Michoacán. Cold environment and frosts at dawn in mountain areas of Jalisco and Michoacán. Warm atmosphere in the afternoon and hot in coastal areas. West wind from 10 to 25 km / h with gusts of up to 40 km / h off the coast of Nayarit.
South Pacific: Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with heavy occasional rains accompanied by electric shocks and possible hail in Chiapas and Oaxaca, as well as isolated rains in Guerrero. Cold temperatures, fog banks and possible morning frosts in the mountainous areas of Oaxaca and Chiapas. Warm evening atmosphere in much of the region and hot in coastal areas. North component wind with gusts of 60 to 70 km / h in the Isthmus and Gulf of Tehuantepec, with waves of 1 to 3 meters high in said gulf.
Gulf of Mexico: Partly cloudy to cloudy skies during the day, with the probability of heavy occasional rains accompanied by electric shocks and probable hail fall in Veracruz and Tabasco, as well as isolated rains in Tamaulipas. Cool atmosphere in the morning in much of the region with banks of fog and frosts in high areas. Warm evening atmosphere. North component wind with gusts of 60 to 70 km / h on the central coast of Veracruz.
Yucatan Peninsula: Partly cloudy sky with a probability of rain and intervals of showers in Campeche and isolated rains in Quintana Roo. Warm and warm morning atmosphere in the afternoon. North wind from 15 to 30 km / h in the region with gusts of 45 km / h on the coasts of the region.
Mesa del Norte: Partly cloudy sky and no rain. A very cold environment with frosts at dawn in high areas of the region, temperate to warm environment in the afternoon. Variable direction wind from 15 to 30 km / h in the region.
Central Table: Partly cloudy sky with a probability of showers in eastern Puebla, as well as isolated rains in Hidalgo and Tlaxcala. A cold environment with frosts at dawn in the mountainous areas of Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Tlaxcala, Puebla, and Morelos, as well as a warm, to warm evening atmosphere in the region. Variable direction wind from 10 to 20 km / h with gusts of 40 km / h in Puebla.
The maximum rains of the last 24 hours (in millimeters) were recorded in:
Tapijulapa, Tab., 31.6; Purple Earth, Ver., 30.0; Banco Chinchorro, Q. Roo, 14.9 and Tantaquín, Yuc., 0.5.
The maximum temperatures (in ° C) were recorded in:
Colima, Col., 36.5; Tapachula, Chis., 36.2; Choix, Sin., 33.8; Acapulco, Gro., 33.2; Campeche, Camp., 32.0; Valladolid, Yuc., 30.5 and CDMX Airport, 21.0.
The minimum temperatures (in ° C) were recorded in:
Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chih., 0.2; Toluca, Edo. Mex., 0.8; Saltillo, Coah., 3.7; Durango, Dgo., 5.9 and CDMX Airport, 6.0.
Do you want to know how the weather is coming for your municipality? ENTER HERE
- Cruise tourists and their obligatory stop, The Cathedral of Mazatlan
- Journalist says the AMLO government is paying millions of pesos a month to a company linked to the Sinaloa Cartel
- Several Sinaloa cartel operatives sentenced in California, USA
- How Mexican actress Kate del Castillo was investigated over ‘El Chapo’