Flights from Vancouver and Edmonton with 160 passengers will arrive in Mazatlan on Saturday
Mazatlán, Sinaloa.- The opening of the Canadian border with Mexico and the restart of flights will bring an economic injection to Mazatlán, so a good closing of the year is expected.
And it is that starting on Saturday Mazatlán will receive the first Canadian flight for a year and a half, by WestJet, from Vancouver and Edmonton, which begins the winter season.
The secretary of the Chamber of Commerce, Guillermo Romero Rodríguez, said that after more than a year since the flights from Canada are suspended, the arrival of these flights will recover even more tourism in the municipality.
” The flight is expected to arrive full, with an average of 140 to 160 passengers with a weekly arrival, increasing frequency in December, ” he said.
For his part, the municipal secretary of Economic Development, Tourism and Fisheries, Luis Terán Tirado, added that the Sunwing airline will begin to be activated in December.
He commented that the most frequent flights are scheduled for weekends because Canadian tourists have timeshares and their stay varies between 8 and 15 days.
” It would be the next winter season now, we are very pleased that both shipping and air tourism are being reactivated, this is going to end until Easter passes as it is normally done since national tourism begins to arrive, it begins to withdraw foreign tourism ”, he explained.
- This segment of tourism during their stay in Mazatlán leaves an important economic spill, since they spend more than $ 85 per day at least.
- Democracy yes! They demonstrate against the reelection of Mazatlan Mayor
- Mexico HOT SALE, nine days of “bargains” in online stores of brands such as Guess, Hugo Boss, Coach, Forever 21, LG, Liverpool
- Maritime cargo movement grows in Mazatlan
- Mayor of San Miguel de Allende allegedly assaulted two reporters