The governor of QR reported a white balance due to Hurricane Delta and said that the clean-up work had already begun.
The passage of hurricane Delta , in category 2, through the state of Quintana Roo has left no fatalities or injuries, according to the preliminary balance released this Wednesday by the governor of the region, Carlos Joaquín González.
Delta entered as a category 2 huaracán through the north of the island of Cozumel at 5:45 am, with winds of up to 160 kilometers per hour.
“Not any injured, we have no report of any death, the balance is white until now after all the municipalities have reported this situation,” said the state president in a telephone connection with the Quintana Roo Social Communication System.
He said that the State Prosecutor’s Office reported the same situation, with a white balance , and now the cleaning work is ahead, essential to resume activities such as the removal of hundreds of trees that were knocked down by the winds.
Joaquín González informed that he will go out to make some tours of several municipalities in the northern area, especially Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos, Cozumel and Islas Mujeres, and later he will evaluate the possibility of announcing a return this day to the activities.
“The hurricane has already crossed the entire state of Yucatan and has gone out to sea towards the Gulf of Mexico,” he said.
He added that the resumption of electricity is already operating and the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) reported that it has already started inspection activities of the electrical infrastructure and the restoration of electricity supply in the Yucatan Peninsula.
The CFE pointed out that the arrival of the hurricane affected at least 266 thousand users in the region.
The president explained that 80% of users receive drinking water, while the remaining 20% had problems with pumping due to the lack of electricity.
He explained that the hotel associations reported to him that they do not have major damages and the establishments are already working on cleaning and repairing damages so that evacuated tourists return as soon as possible.
By way of conclusion, the state governor indicated that the cleaning and reopening of streets and infrastructures will last between one and two days , and urged the population to seek a “balance” between health and economic recovery.
To protect the population, the Mexican government has deployed 5,796 members of the Secretariat of National Defense (Sedena), 1,971 of the Secretariat of the Navy, 675 of the National Guard, 96 of Civil Protection and 46 of the National Water Commission ( With water).
There are also 928 municipal police and 130 state police from Quintana Roo.