Welcome to the Mazatlan Agave Fiesta Festival 2020. At last, the sacred plant of Ágave will have a deserved tribute, and it will take place in Mazatlán, Sinaloa, México.
- This is the first edition of this gastronomic and cultural Festival that promotes one of Mexico’s most important assets, the Agave.
- The festival will take place March 6 -7 – 8 / 2020, at the Mazatlan Art Museum.
- Hours: 12:00 to 20:00 hours.
- Address: Calle Sixto Osuna (on the corner with Venustiano Carranza). Centro Histórico. Mazatlán, Sinaloa.
The main objective is to show people around the World, the importance of Agave in Mexican culture, tell them about the different types of this species, their flavor, the many products that can be made out of Agave, and most importantly, its liquors, elixirs and spirits.
During the Mazatlan Agave Fiesta Festival 2020, attendees will be able to taste different types of Mezcal, Tequila, Raicilla and Bacanora.
Raicilla, is a distilled Mexican agave spirit with nuanced, vegetal flavors. Like tequila and mezcal, raicilla is made from the agave plant. Region: Jalisco and Nayarit.
Bacanora is made from 100% Agave Pacifica. There are many different types of Agave and manufacturing methods to produce different kinds of Mezcal. Region: Sonora.
On March 8th, an International Women’s Day celebration will take place as part of the festival.
Local artists will be showcasing their work too, and other artistic expressions will be included, such as storytelling of the Nahuatl mythology, that will also take place during the Mazatlan Agave Fiesta Festival 2020.
Success stories of local businesswomen, and mezcal brands with women as owners, will be part of the International Women’s Day celebration (the Agave Women Association will be present at the event too).
So, this artistic and business environment will become the ideal framework for attendees to learn, interact and take a journey through Mexico’s flavors, culture and tradition based on the Agave.
- Tastings of Mezcal, Tequila, Raicilla, Bacanora.
- Cooking lessons with Mezcal and Tequila.
- Lecture about the differences between Tequila and Mezcal.
- Mixology classes. (at the festival shakers, jiggers and other bartending tools will be in display for sale to the public).
- Presentation of cocktails featuring Mezcal and Tequila. (Mezcalillo cocktail, Asombro, Atrevida, Felicidad, Yolia, Lemon Smile etc.)
- Launch of new innovative products such as drinks prepared with Mezcal and New Brands.
- Mazatlan’s gastronomy will be part of the festival of course, with talks about pairing mezcales and tequilas with regional food.
- Local restaurants and hotels will send their bartenders to prepare cocktails using mezcal and tequila, for all attendees to observe the preparation process live on stage.
- Attendees will also be informed of where to go to have a good cocktail in the city (and where is the happy hour at…)
- A Mixology contest will take place during the event, where local bartenders and mixologists will be able to present their latest creations in cocktails. First and second place will be awarded.
- There will be conferences by experts about the types of agave in Mexico, the endemic agaves of each state, the distillation processes and the differences of ancestral, artisanal and industrial mezcal.
- Presentation and tasting by the exhibitors (tequila, mezcal, raicilla and bacanora).
- Agave syrup: Its importance as the healthiest, undisputed best Mexican natural sweetener.
- All participants will receive Premium Treatment.
- All agave products have 40 and more degrees of alcohol, and only products with export quality will be exhibited, many of these brands are winners of international awards.
Some of the most outstanding brands are:
- Mezcal Caballo Viejo (blanco, reposado & Añejo). Zacatecas
- Mezcal Sin Remitente. Durango
- Mezcal Sombra. Oaxaca. (*)
- Mezcal Los Fuertes. Puebla (*)
- Tequila Siempre. (Blanco and Añejo) Tequila, Jalisco. (*)
- Tequila Pueblo Nuevo. (Blanco, reposado) Tequila, Jalisco.
- Tequila Identity (crystal aged) Tequila, Jalisco. (*)
- D’Agave. 100% natural agave nectar (*).
- Tequila 21Seeds. (Infused Tequila) (*)
(*) International award winner.
21Seeds Company will also be participating in this important festival, that is a sincere tribute to the plant of Agave.
21 seeds boasts a variety of spirits featuring frutal tones and herbal vibes, always using 100% natural ingredients.
For more information, call the Mazatlan Agave Fiesta Festival phone: 669-147-9437 (WhatsApp).
Or send an email to email@example.com
The Mazatlan Post