In Mazatlán, when it comes to doing good things and making a positive difference in the lives of children, families, and communities, all Mazatlán non-profits are number one! That’s why you see the #1 next to the wonderful organizations listed below. (I’ll be featuring more non-profits in Mazatlán in future articles in BestofMazatlan.com.)
- MI FUTURO EN MIS MANOS. Mi Futuro represents the joined forces of three charitable non-profits with the common goal of helping disadvantaged young adults: The Gems of Mazatlán from Canada, UnFuturoMejor from the U.S. and Fundacion Lansdowne, A.C. from Mazatlán. Forty-six percent of the Mexican people, including a great many children, live below the poverty line. By this measure, Mexico ranks 29th highest in poverty out of 170 countries. Mazatlán urgently needs to help children become independent, responsible and employable as they transition to adulthood.To break the cycle that perpetuates poverty, Mi Futuro helps disadvantaged adolescents become self-sufficient and successful adults. The group targets boys and girls who typically come from Mazatlán families who cannot afford to support them. Some teens do not have parents and are being cared for by family members with limited resources. These adolescents, who wish to further their personal growth and education, have completed high school and are “graduates” from other existing children’s homes.
Funded by the three non-profits as well as by other donors, the Mi Futuro home is slated to open in August 2019. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information on how to get involved.
- TRES ISLAS ORPHANAGE FUND. For over 30 years, the Tres Islas Orphanage Fund has positively impacted the lives of hundreds of children living in orphanages in Mazatlán, Mexico. Through the generosity of Tres Islas donors, this 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization purchases fresh food weekly for the children at six orphanages in Mazatlán. In addition, Tres Islas donors assist the children with their education through purchases of back-to-school supplies, uniforms, shoes, backpacks, tutoring, and tuition. Tres Islas also ensures that the children live in a sanitary and safe environment by repairing leaking roofs, upgrading bathrooms and kitchens, purchasing refrigerators and freezers to preserve food and buying washers to provide the children with clean clothes. Tres Islas invites you to donate today and become a member of their team making a positive impact on the lives of these children in Mazatlán, Mexico!You can reach them at http://www.tresislas.org/contact.html.
- 1. EL CID FOUNDATION. El Cid employs over 4,000 people and its employees work hard to ensure the happiness of all their resort guests. In honor of these employees, Doña Lola Berdegue Sacristan founded the El Cid Foundation to provide support to them and their families. When my wife became the first director of the Foundation, I experienced first-hand its positive impact. Some of the Foundation’s many activities including providing full scholarships for high school graduates that reside in Mazatlan, Cancun, and Cozumel. This generous scholarship program is named in honor of the late Julio Berdegue, the founder of El Cid.
- The Foundation recently built the first sustainable school in Mazatlán. This represents the second school donated by Doña Lola Berdegue Sacristan to the state public school system in Mazatlan, Sinaloa Mexico. The Foundation also supports existing NGO’s that work in areas such as Health Care, Education, and Culture.
- It’s really rewarding to see a successful business like El Cid give back to its employees and their communities, making a real difference in their lives!
- Among the many avenues of support, proceeds from in-room bottled water (10 pesos) and in-room coffee (15 pesos) are donated to the El Cid Foundation.
- You can learn more about how you can donate or get involved directly by visiting the website. A small donation can go a long way, improving the lives and well-being of those employees who help make fabulous El Cid vacations a reality.
- 1. LETTY COPPEL FOUNDATION The Pueblo Bonito Group, like El Cid, is another successful hospitality company committed to the well-being of its employees and their communities. The Group’s contributions are implemented through The Letty Coppel Foundation, created to ensure that company growth benefits the quality of life of its employees, while contributing to the development of the communities where Pueblo Bonito Group operates.
Please feel free to Add other Mazatlan Charities and Non-Profits in comments sections
The Mazatlan Post