The Tax Administration Service (SAT) and the Association of Banks of Mexico announced that they will begin issuing instant invoices to customers using their debit or credit cards, in order to facilitate the processes to taxpayers.
Another objective of the agreement is to have control over the operations with the plastics, because if more expenses of the perceived income are registered, they could charge a tax.
SAT goes for the “fiscal discrepancies”
With this measure, the SAT would detect “fiscal discrepancies” in natural persons and will have greater vigilance on what users do with their income.
Instant invoices are optional, but plastic operations will still be sent to the SAT.
SAT will sanction taxpayers with a digital seal
When parents want to punish their children for not obeying, they usually take the cell phone as a method of sanction for the child. This is an example of what the treasury could do with taxpayers who do not meet their tax obligations in time.
Instead of removing the cell phone, they will temporarily suspend the digital stamp, which will not allow them to issue invoices, explains the expert Javier Zepeda.
What is the Digital Seal Certificate?
The Digital Seal Certificate (CSD) is a digital file issued by the Tax Administration Service (SAT) that is used to generate Digital Tax Vouchers by Internet (CFDI), since the Faithful or electronic signature is not sufficient for this purpose.
In this regard, the general director of Bios Instala explained: “If you freeze the digital seal, you cannot make invoices, the client does not pay you, you do not have income and you cannot meet the payment commitments, with which the company or taxpayer is practically in promise to die ”, alert.
He warns that in 2020, the SAT will apply this change that is in the miscellaneous tax resolution.
“The SAT is closing the way for the taxpayer to behave well, pay their taxes, do not try to defraud the treasury and do not try to deceive him with a number or to falsify information,” he ponders.
Billing and other changes of the SAT in 2020
He explains that within the most important changes for 2020 for the millions of taxpayers who, day by day, regardless of whether they are small or large, are billing and making payroll receipts.
In other words, those that have to do with the digital tax receipt online (CFDI) . To highlight this measure, he mentions that 12 million tax receipts are issued daily.
“The SAT is going to punish those who misbehave, it is like parents who have teenage children, when they misbehave, and need to reprimand them, take away their cell phone and they will not have contact with friends; they are going to withdraw one or two days, ”he says.
Causes of suspension
- Skip annual returns.
- Submit two or more provisional declarations in a row.
- That they cannot prove that their operation with suppliers is real.
- When the treasury detects inconsistencies between the income declared by the taxpayer and those obtained.
- When the information is false or the tax mailbox is not active.
- Declare non-existent losses.
What can a taxpayer do if the SAT removes his seal?
Javier Zepeda says what will happen:
- The SAT will have to send you a notice of suspension through the tax mailbox.
- The taxpayer has 10 days to respond.
- The SAT will have to reinstate the digital seal certificate the next business day from the moment the taxpayer responds within the established deadline. “With this, the taxpayer will be able to continue operating in what clarifies the situation,” he says.
- For its part, the SAT has 5 business days to request more information or 10 business days to terminate the process.
The Mazatlan Post