The US president also thanked the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Marcelo Ebrard.
US President Donald Trump thanked Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador on Saturday for the negotiations between the delegations of both countries that culminated in an immigration agreement that stopped the application of tariffs on Mexican goods.
The US president added that the administration of Mexico will work “very hard” to comply with the pact.
“If they do, this will be a successful agreement for the United States and Mexico!” He said.
According to Trump, Mexico also agreed to start buying large quantities of products from American farmers.
On Friday, Trump reported that the Mexican government and the US administration reached an agreement on the tariff issue, suspending the liens indefinitely.
“I am pleased to inform you that the United States has signed an agreement with Mexico. The rates scheduled to be implemented by the United States on Monday, against Mexico, are suspended indefinitely, “he tweeted.
If the negotiations had ended without an agreement, the US government would have begun to apply a 5 percent tariff on Mexican goods starting next Monday.
Later, Marcelo Ebrard, Secretary of Foreign Affairs, informed of the agreement reached between both nations, which is summarized in the following points:
1. Deploy the National Guard in the southern border of Mexico
2. Persons requesting asylum to the United States will be immediately returned to Mexican territory while awaiting the resolution of their procedure
“Mexico, in accordance with its principles of universal justice and fraternity, will offer job opportunities and access to health and education for migrants and their families while they remain in national territory, as well as protection of their human rights,” according to a statement. joint of both countries.
3. Mexico and the US will work to address migration flows and continue conversations on terms of other possible understandings during a 90-day period
4. Strengthen and convert Central America into a safe, prosperous and developed area.
“Both countries recognize the strong links between economic growth in southern Mexico and the success of promoting prosperity, good governance and security in Central America. The United States reiterated its approval of the Integral Development Plan launched by the Mexican government in conjunction with the governments of El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras, to promote these objectives, “according to the statement.
Source: el financiero
The Mazatlan Post
- If you still haven’t received a COVID vaccine, this weekend in Mazatlan is your chance
- Are you 65 or older? Sinaloa is looking to enroll you to give you a bi-monthly pension
- Happy Chef’s Day !; Learn about Mazatlan’s Chef Francisco Cisneros
- Culiacán-La Paz flight inaugurated; there will be 13 thousand new tourists for the BCS capital