The project to extend the El Chepe railway south of Sinaloa is progressing, according to the Tourism Ministry, but there is still no date to carry it out.
Mazatlan, Sinaloa.- The Secretary of Tourism, Óscar Pérez Barros acknowledged this morning that the project is complicated, although it has become a reality, touristically, the whole entity, especially the municipalities of the south.
The route of El Chepe runs from Los Mochis to Chihuahua and the purpose is to “get it down” to Escuinapa.
“It’s a concession issue, it’s not an easy issue, the objective of us is to bring it from Los Mochis to Escuinapa,” the state official said.
– Is there a tentative date?
“No, I can not tell you, what we are talking about, the first step we are taking is to present the studies, the topographical surveys, the designs of the stations, we are walking, I think we are on the right track, we will continue pushing. “
The Mazatlan Post
- If you still haven’t received a COVID vaccine, this weekend in Mazatlan is your chance
- Are you 65 or older? Sinaloa is looking to enroll you to give you a bi-monthly pension
- Happy Chef’s Day !; Learn about Mazatlan’s Chef Francisco Cisneros
- Culiacán-La Paz flight inaugurated; there will be 13 thousand new tourists for the BCS capital