Cruise ships are a great way to give vacationers a taste of Mazatlán. Bringing large numbers of passengers to Mazatlán’s port, the ships represent important business for the destination. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to experience all of Mazatlán’s many delights in one day. But we hope a day trip will make you want to return and spend more time here on your own!
Major cruise lines, such as Disney, Carnival, Holland America, Norwegian and Princess, can bring up to 3,000 passengers to the shores of Mazatlán. Smaller boutique lines, such as Azamara Club Cruises and Phoenix Reisen, operate vessels carrying fewer than a thousand passengers.
Mazatlán has done an excellent job of stepping up security for tourists. Dressed in blue, official expat volunteers help newly-arrived passengers with recommendations and directions, making them feel safe and welcome. If you’re a cruiser, here’s a look at your six best cruise ship options:
- Carnival Cruise Lines. Carnival offers several vacation cruise options to the Mexican Riviera aboard their spectacular Carnival Miracle and Carnival Splendor cruise ships. The cruises depart from Los Angeles with stops in Mazatlán, Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta.
Disney Cruise Line. When Disney Cruise Line made the decision to return to Mazatlán, it was a signal that Mazatlán’s new security and tourism strategies were paying off. Disney is a huge player in the luxury cruise business, operating four luxury ships to the destination. This is no Mickey Mouse operation; actually, it’s Mickey and Minnie together! In true Disney fashion, it’s a first-class cruise with state of the art amenities.
Holland America Cruise Line. Holland Cruise Line offers multiple opportunities for cruises to Mazatlán on their top of the line luxury cruise ships. They depart from Vancouver or San Diego en route to ports along the magnificent Pacific coast.
Norwegion Cruise Line. Norwegian is another major cruise line loyally committed to Mazatlán, offering several vacations on its star cruise ships, Norwegian Sun and Norwegian Bliss. Passengers can board in Vancouver or San Diego.
- Princess Cruises. Princess Cruises offers several cruise options to Mazatlán on board a variety of their large cruise ships, including Ruby Princess, Star Princess, and Grand Princess. These ships are like floating cities on water, each accommodating over 3,000 passengers.
For more information click here Best of Mazatlan
The Mazatlan Post
- If you still haven’t received a COVID vaccine, this weekend in Mazatlan is your chance
- Are you 65 or older? Sinaloa is looking to enroll you to give you a bi-monthly pension
- Happy Chef’s Day !; Learn about Mazatlan’s Chef Francisco Cisneros
- Culiacán-La Paz flight inaugurated; there will be 13 thousand new tourists for the BCS capital