Mayor Octavio Bastidas Manjarrez, as well as the Secretary of Tourism, Rosario Torres, extended the invitation to the cultural event to be held from April 10 to 17
Mazatlán, Sinaloa.- After two years of the Covid-19 pandemic that during this time prevented its realization, this 2022 the San Ignacio City Council will be “Rescating Tradition” through music, gastronomy, dances and extreme sports, announced at a press conference to invite the Mazatlecos the mayor of that municipality, Octavio Bastidas Manjarrez .
The 27th edition of the Expo Fair will be held during Holy Week, since it will be held from April 10 to 17, although the strength of the cultural and artistic events will be experienced during the “holy” days in which for the second consecutive year Religious processions have been suspended by the Diocese of Mazatlán, to which the town belongs, as an anticovid measure.
“We have not done it for two or three years due to the pandemic, I told them, but this event and this very marked tradition have been very popular because they visit us from many places.”
Bastidas Manjarrez commented that, with the realization of this event, one of the most important in the municipality, it is sought that the traditions do not decline, for which they will be seeking support with the authorities focused on tourism and to be able to offer another alternative visit for this Semana santa Week 2022, said the Ministry of Tourism in Sinaloa.
The state official assured that the event is organized in such a way that no issue will be neglected, the health issue, mainly, because it is intended that there be no outbreak of infections; In addition, it is reported by the hotel industry that reservations are “full” so they expect a good influx to the different events prepared.
Present as support to the municipality in the promotion, the Secretary of Tourism in Sinaloa, María del Rosario Torres Noriega, highlighted that this is an option for that tourist who seeks to ‘rest’ a bit from the tumult of the beaches, particularly in Mazatlan, focused more to a more cultural offer.
Among the most relevant activities of this event, the election of the sovereign of the San Ignacio Fair Expo ‘Rescatando la Tradición’ stands out, where the highest honor will be disputed with a catwalk, dress, and attitude competition, all this on April 6, as the first time that it is carried out under competition, in addition to the coronation at the inauguration on April 10.
In addition to activities in the river, on Thursday and the traditional drumming starting from Parque Juárez to the esplanade of the Expo Fair, where starting at 8:00 p.m. the dance begins with the Banda Única del Rancho and Los Nuevos Ilegales.
On Friday the 15th, sports activities in the river and the presentation of the versatile group Sentido Contrario, at night on the esplanade of the Expo Fair, there will be the stellar musical presentation of Hombres de Valor and the Rancho Viejo Band.
- Inauguration of the Expo Fair
- Coronation of the Queen of the Expo Fair and Fireworks Show
- Presentation of the Folkloric Ballet “Cuicacalco” by Javier Arcadia
- Presentation of “Danzabel” by Sergio Burgueño Ontiveros
- Dance Company “Folkloric Projection” of the UAS by Silvia Maricela Ramírez Figueroa
- Folkloric Ballet “El Mazatleco” Dir. Gualberto Castro 6:00 pm
- Versatile Group Opposite Direction 1:00 pm
- Sports activities (arrancones, palo encebado, cochi encebado, water jumpers) 4:00 pm
- Wrestling 4:00 p.m.
- Traditional Drumming (Parque Juárez) 8:00 pm
- Band The only one from the Ranch (Expo Fair)
- The New Illegals (Expo Fair)
- Versatile Group Opposite Direction 2:00 pm
- Sports activities (buggy race, oiled stick and cochi, water bouncers) 4:00 pm
- Amateur boxing San Ignacio against Cruz de Elota 4:00 pm
- Rancho Viejo Band (Expo Fair) 8:00 pm
- Men of Valor (Expo Fair)
Source: sinaloaenlinea.com, lineadirectaportal.com, debate.com.mx