I have not authorized the Mazatlan Carnival says Sinaloa Health Secretary

487

Through his Twitter account, the Secretary of Health in Sinaloa stated that he has not authorized the Mazatlán Carnival.

Culiacán, Sinaloa.- After the state authorities gave the “Yes” to the Mazatlan Carnival, the Secretary of Health in Sinaloa, Héctor Melesio Cuen Ojeda, announced that he did not authorize the event to take place.

It was through his official Twitter account that Cuen Ojeda made public his position before the most important party of the year in the port, stating that he only gave a scientific diagnosis about the risks of contagion that can occur with the crowding that the Carnival will cause. from Mazatlan.

Governor Rubén Rocha Moya himself announce through the same social network that the Mazatlán Carnival can be held on the previously established dates.


“I did not authorize the Carnival. My responsibility was to give a scientific diagnosis about the risks of the event,” the secretary tweeted in a retweet he made of the official announcement of the State Government about the Carnival.

In that sense, the secretary also said that he agreed with Governor Rubén Rocha Moya, to be able to hold massive events in the state only when the epidemiological traffic light is yellow.

“I agree with Governor Rubén Rocha, with the feasibility of celebrating Carnival with a yellow traffic light with a gigantic sanitary protocols,” he concluded.

Since the Covid-19 traffic light will change to yellow on February 21, the Mazatlán Carnival is confirmed to take place from February 24 to March 1.

Source: elsoldemazatlan.com.mx

The Mazatlan Post