• The Governor of Baja California Sur, Carlos Mendoza Davis gave Baja Ferries the Quality Certificate in Good Hygienic Practices Punto Limpio, for good hygiene and health practices in the face of COVID-19
• Baja Ferries obtained the certification in July and the certificate was formally delivered together with other tourism companies.
• These measures will help to reactivate the economy and tourism of the country in a safe way.
September 28, 2020, La Paz, BCS. This weekend in a formal ceremony, in the city of La Paz, BCS. The Governor of the State Carlos Mendoza Davis delivered to Baja Ferries, the leading company in the shipping logistics sector for cargo and passengers in Mexico, the Clean Point Quality Certificate in Good Hygienic Practices, granted by the Federal Government through the Ministry of Tourism, Economy, and Sustainability of the Government of Baja California Sur (SETUES) for good hygiene and health practices in the face of COVID-19, which was obtained since July, but the recognition was formally carried out on September 28th.
This program is aimed at companies in the tourism sector that seek to guarantee safe environments for their clients in the new normal, by implementing and increasing hygiene measures in their facilities and services to strengthen the confidence of tourists.
“We are very proud to receive this important certification granted by the Governor of BCS Carlos Mendoza Davis, this keeps us as a cutting-edge company that cares about the safety and integrity of all its collaborators and clients. Our main objective is to continue offering excellent service, providing certainty in terms of health and safety, also helping the country in reactivating tourism and the economy ”, said Ariel Pozo, CEO of Baja Ferries.
“We have made tourism a worthy source of wealth and well-being for thousands of families, which has placed us as one of the most visited countries in the world and BCS one of the most visited states, here in Baja California Sur tourism has been a ship that has taken us to a better destination ”, declared the Governor of the State of BCS Carlos Mendoza Davis
The shipping company maintains a strong commitment to its collaborators, customers, and society in general, for this reason, it has maintained its operations in strict adherence to the recommendations issued by the health authorities, as well as with the reinforcement of safety and hygiene measures in its ships by the board, during the crossing and upon disembarkation, as well as at their points of sale.
Likewise, the CEO of the company stated that it is important to continue promoting tourism and continue to be an important source of employment for Mexicans, always prioritizing health by following the protocols established and endorsed by local, federal, and international authorities.
About Baja Ferries
• Baja Ferries is a logistics-shipping group consolidated as the key link in the logistics chain and tourist flow present in the Sea of Cortez and the main promoter of the development of cabotage in Mexico.
• It has positioned itself as a leading actor in the socio-economic development of the northwestern region of the country.
• It has four vessels: Baja Star, Balandra Star, México Star, and its most recent acquisition Oaxaca Star; which are complemented by an important land and multimodal logistics platform.
• More than offering transportation services, Baja Ferries offers comprehensive proposals in the handling of goods and passenger transfer, through a proposal based on offering the greatest comfort and time efficiency, as well as the best travel experience.
Press release issued by Baja Ferries