Royal Caribbean cancelling most cruise voyages through September

Royal Caribbean said on Tuesday, June 23rd, that it’s cancelling more cruises, now through at least September 15 for most voyages.

Earlier this week, an industry trade group said its members — including Disney, Norwegian, and more — were doing the same.

“We are working with our guests and travel partners to address this disruption to their vacations and are genuinely sorry for their inconvenience,” Royal Caribbean said in a press release.

The United States CDC currently has a no-sail order in effect until July 24.

When cruising does return, it may look radically different. Companies have planned everything from temperature checks to cutting buffets.

Cruise ships initially became hotbeds for the virus, and have been hit particularly hard by the travel slowdown because of their high fixed costs.

Shares of RCL are down more than 60% since the beginning of the year while the market at large has nearly recovered its losses.

Source: Business Insider

The Mazatlan Post