El Cid Resorts in Mazatlán has introduced their new program ‘Always Committed’ to ensure the well-being of guests and employees against Covid-19 when the resort is able to reopen.
In an interview with Mónica Birrueta, Pulic Relations Manager for El Cid Resorts she told The Mazatlán Post that they will not reopen until they get the go ahead from officials.
“Regarding the opening date, we are waiting for Federal and State Government to provide us the opening authorization date. As soon as we know, we will release a public statement. Therefore, we are working on the training of our protocol program ‘Always Committed’, that has the objective to preserve the well-being of our guests, employees and their families.”Mónica Birrueta, Pulic Relations Manager for El Cid
The new program will focus on hygiene, sanitation and social distancing to protect guests from Covid-19.
New sanitation and cleaning procedures include:
- Complete disinfection and sanitation carried out in rooms with nebulizing equipment
meeting the requirements of the COVID-19 certification.
- Unnecessary and/or additional cushions, pillows, covers and towels that will not be used
are to be removed from the room.
- All room bedding will be changed upon departure.
- With a Hygiene Photometer random tests to scan rooms, corridors and work equipment
carried out to verify proper disinfection practice.
- Air conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected after departure and bactericide is
applied to air conditioning outlet grilles.
- Riviera Maya properties count with a sophisticated external air cooling process installed
that is used in all rooms when turning on the air conditioning, obtaining a 24-hour clean
- Rooms will have a “guarantee seal”, indicating that the room has been sanitized under strict protocols
El Cid will be highly committed to providing a safe food and beverage environment that includes:
Commitment in Food and Beverages:
- Established maximum capacity of guests per consumption center and distance between each table.
- Continue to enforce the implemented cleaning and disaffection processes as established by NOM-251 and the international standards of the Preverisk Group and Cristal in kitchen areas and bars.
- Frequent and routine disinfection of menus, checkbooks, terminals, pens and phones constantly and after each use.
- Chefs, cooks and other staff are to wear protective face masks and latex gloves to perform the table service.
- Intensified cleaning process and disinfection of utensils and work tables every 20 minutes.
- Acrylic barriers in the areas of bars and cashiers to prevent direct contact with guests.
Pools and Beaches will aldo be kept sanitized with the new El Cid always committed program.
Safe distances between the loungers in swimming pools and beach areas.
- Limited number of lounge chairs in recreational areas.
- Anti-bacterial gel dispensers placed in all areas and disinfection of chairs, cushions and areas of both the pool and beach restaurants.
- Strict program for cleaning and disinfecting utensils, towels and work equipment.
- As parts of staff uniforms, personnel are to carry hair mesh, face masks and latex gloves when operating in areas such as swimming pools and the beach.
Other Covid-19 prevention measures at the resort will include:
Upon arrival physical contact with transportation vehicles and people is to be avoided, luggage will be received and immediately taken through a sanitation process.
- Body temperature will be checked with a thermal camera thermometer.
- Anti-bacterial gel dispensers available at set stations.
- It is necessary that guests use face masks at the time of arrival.
- Physical separation between the receptionist and guest through a protective glass.
- Check-in and check-out done by a single person per family following the distance signs posted on floors.
- Symbols and signs displayed to reinforce safe physical distancing in areas like: front desk, spa, restaurants, swimming pools, etc.
- Work areas, surfaces, materials and equipment routinely and constantly cleaned and disinfected every 2 hours.
“For over 45 years El Cid resorts has been a huge part of the community in Mazatlán and we will continue to build trust through our commitment with our guests, partners and employees,” concluded Birrueta.
See the complete details of the Always Committed program.