Patients wait on the floor for medical attention in Mazatlan


Between 3 and 5 hours, some IMSS users with respiratory problems had to wait to be treated

PressReader - El Debate de Guasave: 2020-03-28 - Pacientes esperan ...

Mazatlán, Sinaloa .- The fever, the chill, and the headache made Susana Guerrero despair and she lay down on the ground in front of the clinic that the Mexican Social Security Institute set up to attend to patients with symptoms of respiratory illnesses.

Usuarios del IMSS con males respiratorias se acuestan en el suelo ...

The woman could barely speak, but explained that yesterday she woke up with fever, body discomfort and headache, for this reason, she went to the General Hospital of Zone (HGZ) Number 3 of the IMSS, but they prevented her from entering and sent her to the clinic located next to the hospital.

She said she understands that the institution takes preventive measures due to the coronavirus, but considers that waiting so many hours is inhumane, especially when hes fever rose. So she lay down on the ground. 

While interviewing her sister, they indicated that they would pass her for the doctor’s consultation. 

Persisten enfermedades por calor en Mazatlán; sigue alerta por ...


In turn, Olivia Rivas, another of the users, reported that she arrived at 10:00 am and had to wait almost five hours to be attended. He came to Social Security with a headache, runny nose, and body discomfort. 

Insensible el IMSS de Mazatlán; pacientes, esperan servicio desde ...

Jorge Sandoval, a patient with a cough and fever, asked the director Armando Félix to appoint more doctors in this module to attend to patients with respiratory illnesses. 

Just like these patients, there were dozens in the same situation.

Domina desconcierto en urgencias del IMSS | Sinaloa Sur / Reacción ...


IMSS HGZ 3 was approached to interview the director of the institution, Armando Félix Ortiz, but the security personnel did not allow entry.

The security guard went to the official’s office and indicated that the doctor was no longer in the hospital. 

In the afternoon, users with respiratory ailments continued to arrive at the institution.