Before you marry a US Citizen, you must do this!


The K-1 visa allows the promised foreign citizen to travel to the United States and marry a U.S. citizen. within 90 days of arrival

Mexico.- Marrying is a link that only death can break … or in this case, the law, especially when it is done with an American in that country.

Therefore, before setting the date for the big moment, be sure to comply with the legal guidelines that the United States dictates in these cases, such as the fiancé visa.

Therefore, it is important that you know her and begin to process yours if the intention is to marry and settle there.

Fiance K-1 Nonimmigrant visa is for a fiancé foreign citizen of a US citizen. The K-1 visa allows the promised foreign citizen to travel to the United States and marry their US citizen sponsor. within 90 days of arrival

The foreign citizen will then request adjustment of permanent resident status (LPR) to the US Citizenship and Immigration Service. (USCIS) of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Because the fiancé visa allows the person who owns it to travel to the US and marry a U.S. citizen after he arrives in the United States, the fiancé must meet the requirements of an immigrant visa.

What are the steps

The first step in obtaining a K-1 visa is for the US fiancé to submit a Form I-129F (Petition for Foreign Fiance) to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). . Once the petition is made, you can check the status through the USCIS Status Status Search Page.

The USCIS sends the approved petition to the National Visa Center of the State Department, which then sends it to the United States Consulate Residence Visa Unit in Ciudad Juarez. The Residence Visa Unit will send you the Instructions for a K1 / K2 visa

Be sure to strictly follow each of the indications to the contrary, failure to do so could cause a delay in the process and even cause you to lose the opportunity to live and work in the United States.

The consular officer may not decide whether or not to approve a visa until you formally request your visa and be interviewed. Therefore, it is strongly suggested NOT to purchase non-refundable air tickets or make any travel plan, at least until you receive your visa.

You will have ninety (90) days from the moment you enter the United States to marry the United States citizen. 

After marriage within the US territory, you and your spouse must contact the USCIS in order to change the status to a permanent legal resident. This change is not made automatically.

The Residence Visa Unit of the United States Consulate in Ciudad Juarez is responsible for the process of this type of visa because the process to process it is very similar to the process of a residence visa