More than 3.6 million tourists enter Mexico in April

During April 2019, 8 million 73 thousand 855 visitors entered the country, of which 3 million 621 thousand 537 were  international tourists , said the  National Institute of Statistics and Geography  ( INEGI ).

The institute mentions that the income of foreign currency referring to the total expense of international visitors reported an amount of 2 thousand 98.1 million dollars, which represents an annual variation of 17.1%.

In as much, the currencies that were left in the country by concept of international travelers were of 819.6 million dollars, which meant a decrease of 8.6% in front of the same month of the previous year.

In its annual comparison, the number of international tourists that entered the country registered an increase of 9.9% in the fourth month of 2019 compared to the same month of the previous year.

In the case of the tourists’ numbers, it advances to an annual rate of 4.0% was observed during April of this year, where the tourists who entered by land grew 10.1% and those who did it by air in 3.1%.

Of the total number of tourists that entered the country in April of this year, 85.6% corresponded to tourists by air and the remaining 14.4% to tourists by land.

The average expenditure made by the tourists of hospitalization by air was of thousand 29.57 dollars, which represents an increase of 14.8% compared to April 2018.

Source: pmxportal

The Mazatlan Post

Facebook Comments