Forbes Travel Guide announced the list of the winning properties of the Star Awards 2019, among which these luxury accommodations in Mexico stand out.
Forbes Travel Guide presented its 61st annual list of winners of the 2019 Star Awards that distinguish the most sophisticated facilities in the world. The winners of the prizes include 21 new Five Star hotels, 49 new Four Star hotels and 62 new hotels in the Recommended category.
To discover the best luxury experiences, Forbes Travel Guide inspectors checked into a hotel for a minimum of two nights and posed as guests. Once there, they verified 900 objective norms that covered different aspects, especially the treatment of the personnel.
In Mexico, nine properties reached the highest possible score: Five Stars. All the hotels stood out for their refined and intuitive service, as well as for their surprising surroundings. Without a doubt, they could be an option for your pleasure trip and take advantage of the long weekend or the holidays that are approaching.
This is the list of the most luxurious hotels in the world found in Mexico.
1. Esperanza, An Auberge Resort
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to live like a celebrity while on vacation, this property in Punta Ballena, 15 minutes from Cabo San Lucas, will give you an exact idea. He has had among his guests Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Aniston. Among the hightlights cited by the inspectors on the list are:
- The sky blue pool of several levels, where the staff takes great care. To hydrate you, it offers water with citrus infusion, it also provides massages, at no additional cost, in feet and neck.
- The spa’s indulgent services with local inspiration, including creamy coconut baths that help restore moisture to the skin that has been exposed to the sun.
- Stunning views of the ocean from almost everywhere inside the hotel, from the bright room to the exclusive restaurant next to the cliff.
2. Rosewood San Miguel de Allende
Despite its young age (opened in 2011), the buildings of this boutique hotel have the appearance of a beautiful relic of colonial Mexico. The most impressive views of this picturesque city are part of the whole. The hightlights:
- The scent of locally grown lavender attracts you to the spa. The exfoliant of spices and cocoa, inspired by the mole, offers an experience full of originality.
- In the Cava, dedicated to the Mexican artist and wine lover, Frida Kahlo. It is the ‘temple’ of more than 600 wines, where you can have a private dinner for a special occasion.
- The two-story boutique offers an eclectic selection of high-quality, custom-designed jewelry.
3. Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
It stands as a luxurious but discreet refuge that receives more than 300 sunny days a year. The outstanding and meticulous attention of the staff is based on a philosophy that is summarized in the phrase “my house, your house”. The hightlights:
- The ‘Punta Mita Massage’ at Apuane Spa’s is relevant when handling tequila infused products made with traditional ingredients used by the Huichol Indians, and the Hakali massage with cactus palettes without spines and pulque with healthy skin benefits.
- Exclusive adventures here as a quick walk to explore the beautiful caves of the nearby Marieta Islands.
- Two golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus of the resort, which overlook the sea and tropical landscapes.
In addition to these properties, the following hotels are also part of the list.
4. Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa
5. Palisandro San Miguel De Allende
6. The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
7. Resort ePedregal
8. Windows to Paradise, A Rosewood Resort
9. Rosewood Mayakoba
The Mazatlan Post