The construction of the Mayan Train that has an extension of 525 kilometers will be in charge of eight companies, informed Rogelio Jiménez, head of the National Fund for Tourism Promotion (Fonatur).
The project will be divided into seven stretches of between 130 kilometers and 264 that can be exploited by the consortiums for 40 or 60 years.
The concession of each one will be tendered to a consortium or group of companies so that they can build it with their own resources and for the length, it will be promoted that companies will be integrated to carry out the works, said Jiménez Pons, according to a note published by the newspaper Reforma.
According to the official, three sections are located in the Gulf of Mexico, two in the jungle and two in the Caribbean, and this is accompanied by the bidding of the rolling stock to be awarded to an eighth consortium.
80 percent of the investment will come from the private initiative, while the remaining 20 percent will be public; these last resources will be obtained from the nonresident law tax (DNR).
In the next two months, the first two stretches that go from Palenque to Escárcega and from Escárcega to Uxmal will be tendered, where there are already existing railways.
Source: real estate market
The Mazatlan Post
- If you still haven’t received a COVID vaccine, this weekend in Mazatlan is your chance
- Are you 65 or older? Sinaloa is looking to enroll you to give you a bi-monthly pension
- Happy Chef’s Day !; Learn about Mazatlan’s Chef Francisco Cisneros
- Culiacán-La Paz flight inaugurated; there will be 13 thousand new tourists for the BCS capital