Restrictions, filters, Covid-19 tests and more, is what you will find on this border
You live in Baja California and you are one of the lost in topics about the current situation due to Covid-19 that exists in the world and therefore in the busiest border in the world, Tijuana-San Diego, here we tell you what is currently happening in the border crossings in this region.
1. Extend border crossing restrictions
The Ministry of Foreign Relations (SRE) of Mexico, confirmed on the morning of this Friday, August 14, the extension at the border crossings of Mexico and the United States until September 21, 2020
Therefore, until this date, people with a tourist visa will not be able to cross, and it can only be done if it is for an essential activity.
2. These are the essential trips allowed to cross between Mexico-United States
According to authorities in Mexico and the United States, to avoid the spread and contagion by Covid-19, people who want to enter the American country may do so alone:
– US citizens and permanent residents returning to the United States
– Individuals traveling for medical reasons (for example, to receive medical treatment in the United States)
– Individuals traveling to attend educational institutions
– Individuals traveling to work in the United States ( for example those who work in the agriculture industry and who have to travel between the United States, Canada, and Mexico for this reason)
– Individuals who travel to respond to emergencies and public health purposes (for example, government officials or emergency personnel entering the United States in support of federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial government efforts in response to Covid-19 or other emergencies)
– Individuals involved in Legitimate cross-border trade (for example, truck drivers moving cargo between the United States, Canada, and Mexico)
– Individuals on official government or diplomatic travel
– Military traveling or conducting operations
3. Covid-19 Free Trial Sites
This space operates from Monday to Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., just outside the Ped East pedestrian crossing in San Ysidro, being directed (obviously) to essential workers who cross from Tijuana to this part of the States United.
In addition to being free tests, no appointment is necessary and the information provided will be confidential , in turn, they DO NOT ask for your immigration status, address and identification.
4. Sanitary Filters at Mexicali border crossings
If you want to cross to Baja California through another of its ports other than Tijuana, it is important that you know that Mexicali authorities chose to place sanitary filters in Mexicali-Calexico, in the West Garita, East Garita and Los Algodones, as well as in strategic points on the highway to San Luis Río Colorado and New Colonies.
These filters are installed every weekend (Friday to Sunday), from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Here the following is reviewed: Use of face masks, symptoms of people interested in crossing, number of people traveling by car (there should only be 2), and above all that their activity to be carried out is essential.
It is worth mentioning that in case of non-compliance, people who wait to enter Mexicali must return to the United States or pay a fine of between $ 200 to $ 500.
Now you know, this is a bit of what Mexican and US authorities have implemented to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
We invite you to follow the sanitary measures established by health experts, as well as to avoid going out if it is not essential.
So far, Baja California reports 15,112 positive cases for coronavirus and 2,884 deaths from this virus; while only the state of California registers 603 thousand 007 positive cases and 11 thousand 005 deaths.
- For the 491st anniversary of Culiacán, they hold a skateboard contest; children and young people participated
- Heroic act cost him his life! He drowned in the Mocorito river when he went to save some children
- The history and legend of the ‘Mirador del Corazón’ in Mazatlan
- Lies about Moving to Mexico – ALL BULL SHIT