AMLO thanked Trump for not permanently closing the northern border due to coronavirus
Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard clarified that there will only be restrictions in the case of tourist and recreational activities, but said that the border will continue to be open to trade and employment.
This Thursday, by phone, Ebrard spoke with the United States Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, with whom he agreed that the border should continue to be open to trade and employment.
The foreign minister assured that in a few hours, the United States government will also announce some measures, but clarified that there will be no damage. “It will not affect commercial activity, production, employment between the two countries,” he reported.
In this sense, he explained that a catalog of essential activities was made that will not be affected by the measures that the government of the United States and Mexico will take, which includes trade, transport of goods, logistical movements, that have to do with commercial activity
Everything that has to do with people who work in the US and who have authorization to move, essential services such as the purchase of medicines, emergency services.
- Promote that the population refrains from travel in the border area.
- Seek to improve health coordination.
- Protect economic activity between both countries and the border area.
- Accelerate the pace so that the treaty between Mexico, the United States, and Canada is applied as soon as possible.
- Prepare for recovery against contingency.
- Take care that trade between Mexico and the US does not have a greater impact than is already experienced. -The production, employment, and economy will not be affected.
Source: mx.reuters.com, .infobae.com, politica.expansion.mx
The Mazatlan Post
- For the 491st anniversary of Culiacán, they hold a skateboard contest; children and young people participated
- Heroic act cost him his life! He drowned in the Mocorito river when he went to save some children
- The history and legend of the ‘Mirador del Corazón’ in Mazatlan
- Lies about Moving to Mexico – ALL BULL SHIT