The Ministry of Finance prepares to reinforce revenue collection mechanisms next year
Catalog sales, taxes on your savings and technology companies are some of the affected branches in the new government budget plan for 2020.
In the Income Law Initiative (ILIF) for fiscal year 2020, the Mexican government does not stipulate the creation of taxes or an increase in tax rates, however the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) has the problem in mind. revenue collection, so you should improve your mechanisms.
These measures, which must still be discussed and approved by the Congress of the Union, will have an impact on your pocket and are the following:
1. Payment of ISR for lease. The Treasury seeks that the people who rent a property comply with the payment of this lien and to guarantee it, proposes that when the tenants do not pay the rent, the judge must avoid issuing the sentence until said payment is accredited.
It is proposed to establish that in the lease trials of real estate, where the lessee is obliged to pay overdue income, the Judge will not authorize payments to the lessor if he does not prove to have issued the respective CFDIs, ”the document states.
“With this measure, incentives are generated so that taxpayers who participate in the lease of real estate issue the corresponding CFDI and the SAT has information that facilitates their control and inspection tasks.”Herrera says that the 2020 Economic Package was built under austerity principles. The head of the Ministry of Finance said that the project will have resources to contribute to the stability of the country, strengthen social welfare, employment and ensure security.
2. Do you sell by catalog? The Treasury ensures that having a scheme that facilitates fiscal compliance and reduces the administrative burden in that sector would benefit more than 2.5 million people engaged in that activity.
For this, it seeks a simplified retention scheme, which consists in determining the ISR to be paid on the difference between the suggested retail price and the purchase price. The price after ISR will be made from the company that issues the products.
“With this facility, it helps to promote formality and provide tax certainty to independent sellers, who, in the absence of a scheme according to their needs, are forced to pay taxes in the general regime of natural persons with business activity”, says the Treasury document.
The measure reduces the administrative burden of millions of people who sell independently, either through a direct sales mechanism or through catalogs.
3. Withholding VAT for subcontracting. The outsourcing model has increased in the last 10 years from 8.6% to 16.6%, according to the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (Inegi), so the government proposes to force companies that use this scheme to retain and find out VAT caused when contracting these services.
4. More interests for savers. The provisional withholding rate applicable to capital is a tax that is withheld for the interest on your savings and in 2020 it will be increased from 1.04% to 1.45%.
“With this adjustment, the retention rate for fiscal year 2020 will reflect the behavior of the financial instruments that are listed in the Mexican economy and of the observed inflation. Thus, the retention rate applied is consistent with the interest earned by savers, ”suggests Hacienda.
The financial instruments affected are not mentioned in the document issued by the Treasury, but this withholding rate is what is done to investors in government debt or Cetes.
5. Incentives to ejidatarios. The government seeks to give tax benefits to the 3.8 million ejidatarios and community members of the country.
“It is proposed to grant a preferential treatment that allows reducing the tax burden of the legal entities of Agrarian Law constituted by ejidatarios and community members, who obtain income only by marketing and industrializing products derived from agricultural, livestock, forestry or fishing activities,” says the Treasury.
6. Technological taxes. “Although the digitalization of the economy has important benefits, it has also generated an important area of opportunity in tax matters,” says Finance.
For this, it is intended to establish a minimum of obligations of easy compliance. The obligations that must be fulfilled are the following:
· Register in a simplified register with the Tax Administration Service (SAT).
· Offer and charge VAT on the price of their services.
· Provide information to the SAT about the number of operations carried out and the updated customer registry in the country.
· Calculate, withhold and receive monthly VAT corresponding to imports of digital content that are made in the month in question.
· When requested by the client, provide electronically proof of payment with VAT broken down.
· Designate before the SAT a legal representative and an address for notification and monitoring of compliance with obligations.
“In the case of platforms that do not make payments on behalf of the seller or service provider, they will be obliged to provide relevant information that facilitates the control and supervision of the tax authority in the operations carried out through them,” he says. Estate.
7. Fight against false invoices. The federal government seeks to avoid tax evasion by means of apocryphal invoices, so it expects that the issuance of false invoices as a felony in the degree of organized crime will be typified no later than January 2020.
“Since these measures raise penalties, a deterrent impact on some taxpayers is expected,” Hacienda said.
8. No more tax forgiveness. The Treasury has pledged since May not to levy taxes on any company because it ensures that these measures resulted in detriment of public finances and taxpayers complied with.
“It causes a problem of dynamic inconsistency and low credibility that pays for tax noncompliance by certain taxpayers,” he says.
Remember that this is a proposal that must be approved by both the Chamber of Deputies and the Senators no later than November 15, so there may be changes.
The Mazatlan Post