Mexico foreign currency income for international tourism grew 16.8% in May

Despite declining occupancies on the Riviera Maya due to Sargasso and Crime problem in Quintana Roo

The entrance of foreign currency to Mexico by international tourists during the month of May was located in 1,758.5 million dollars,  which represents an increase of 16.8% with respect to the same month of 2018. 

The National Institute of Geography and Statistics reported that the arrival of tourists from internationals stood at 3,463,238 visitors last May, which represents an increase of 5.4% over the same month of the previous year. 

Of the total of medical tourists that entered the country in May of this year, 83.6% corresponded to tourists by air and the remaining 16.4% to tourists by land.

Likewise, the INEGI reported that the average spending of tourists arriving by air to our country was $ 1,009, which is 14% higher than the month of May 2018.

Source: update mexico

The Mazatlan Post

Facebook Comments