Increases of up to 510% have supported the users of urban payment roads in Mexico City. The Oficialía Mayor alleges that they comply with the concession title of the managers.
In the last eight years, the price for using the urban toll motorways in Mexico City has multiplied by five.
According to data from El Universal , this is the Top 3 of those that have increased their rates the most:
- Supervía Poniente, between Santa Fe and Periférico Sur, leads the list, spending at peak hours of 10 pesos in 2011 to 51 in 2018. This road is managed by the company Controladora Vía Rápida Poetas, SAPI de CV, controlled by the construction company OHL México .
- Autopista Urbana Norte, from Toreo to San Antonio, went from 1.37 pesos/km to 6.22 during this period. In this case, the responsible company is Autopista Urbana Norte, SA de CV, also of OHL México.
- Autopista Urbana Sur, which connects San Jerónimo to the Cuernavaca and Muyuguarda exit, charged 1.87 pesos/km in 2012 and this year, it reached 2,251. The management of this highway is in charge of Distribuidor Vial San Jerónimo-Muyuguarda SA de CV
According to the Oficialía Mayor, consulted by this newspaper, the increases of the quotas are in accordance with the corresponding concession title, of 30 years.
The price of the fees for driving on the payment roads is determined by the concessionaires according to the National Consumer Price Index (INPC), under the supervision of the city government.
However, El Universal reports other factors that have influenced increases of up to 510%: fluctuation of the exchange rate of the dollar, since the concessionaires were indebted in this currency for the construction of the highways.
The low capacity would be another explanation, because of these dissuasive tariffs and/or the increase in the price of gasoline. However, in the case of the Supervía Poniente, the management company reports that in 2017 traffic increased by 5.5%, with an average annual traffic of more than 77,300 vehicles.
- For the 491st anniversary of Culiacán, they hold a skateboard contest; children and young people participated
- Heroic act cost him his life! He drowned in the Mocorito river when he went to save some children
- The history and legend of the ‘Mirador del Corazón’ in Mazatlan
- Lies about Moving to Mexico – ALL BULL SHIT