Looking for a change from the “same old” Arizona, Texas or Florida? Well, we have something different for you. Here is your chance to visit spectacular Copper Canyon and / or Colonial Mexico in a 21 day to 67 days tour
By the way, we are offering discounts on our 21 days mid-November tour, and that one also has several stays over options to make it a full season experience if you like.
The Jan 22nd tour is 30 days long, but we are adding 37 optional extra days to that, for a tour of Colonial Mexico & the west coast beaches, for those who wish to stay longer. Our last tour exits Mexico on April 2nd. There is also some other stay over options available.
If you sign up & mention you came through RVillage in the referral drop down, or in the comments section, we will give you the following discounts:
(See the pricing page link for regular prices.)
Nov 17 Copper Canyon/Mazatlan (various stay-over options up to Feb 22 or April 2nd)
Jan 22 Copper Canyon/Mazatlan (various stay-over options up to April 2nd)
Jan 22 Copper Canyon with colonial city extension
So here is what you get:
Copper Canyon Mazatlan portion:
Tours of the Pearl Factory, Sea lions & Guaymas. Welcome meal and & also a meal on the tour the following day.
Huatabampito (not on Nov 17th tour):
2 days on a beach
City tour by buggy with a meal, then an evening Soiree with musicians and a donkey holding wine around the back streets of Alamos. Magical! (especially the wine bit)
Spectacular Copper Canyon & El Fuerte – 6 days
This all-inclusive (including some drinks) excursion is a part of our RV Caravan Tour. Pet sitting can be provided (at a reasonable cost) at the RV park in El Fuerte.
Please note that Creel is at a high altitude and can be below freezing overnight. Our hotels are heated, but you should take warm clothing, as mornings & evenings can be very chilly.
Note: A new zip line feature is now open at Copper Canyon, it is the highest & fastest in the world. Let us know and we will arrange it.
Day 1 (Dinner included)
– We arrive in El Fuerte and attend the El Zorro Dinner Show in the evening. El Fuerte is the birthplace of El Zorro.
Day 2 (meal on train included, dinner included)
– We leave the campground in El Fuerte at 8:00 AM and catch the Expresso – First Class train to Creel. On this excursion, you will be traveling through one of the deepest canyons in the world.
– It took more than 90 years to complete the construction of this incredible railroad, which crosses 39 bridges and goes through 86 tunnels.
– We will enjoy a delicious lunch in the dining car of the train en route.
– We will stop at Divisadero, which at 8070 feet above sea level offers a spectacular view of the canyon.
– We will transfer to our hotel in downtown Creel, where we will be spending two nights.
– We will have dinner at the hotel, featuring live regional norteno music and wine.
Day 3 (all meals, some drinks, entertainment included)
– We will start the day with breakfast in the hotel at 7:30 AM, then follow that with a guided tour of the area around Creel. We will explore the regional lands of the Tarahumara Indians, including a visit to an ancient Jesuit Mission in San Ignacio and a cave dwelling. We will end up at Lake Arareco.
– As we tour the valleys surrounding Creel, we will have the opportunity to observe the living conditions of the Tarahumaras who still live in caves. We will also see dramatic rock formations and several other points of interest along the route.
– Dinner at the hotel.
Day 4 (all meals included, Copper Canyon Cable car included, zip-lining optional)
– Following breakfast at the hotel, we board a bus for a 4-hour tour through the regional canyons. We will visit several sites of interest, including the famous Fertility Rock, Oteros Canyon and the four most impressive lookout points in the heart of the Sierra Madre: The Balancing Rock, Las Escaleras, Bella Vista & El Puente. We then proceed to the Hotel Mansion Tarahumara where we will spend the night.
– A full course lunch will be served at the hotel, then you will have the opportunity to walk along the Canyon rim and visit some Tarahumara families who live near the Hotel. Those who wish may ride the new Cable Car (included), the world’s longest. (Included in price)
– You have a free afternoon that you may spend in the hotel’s warm pool & jacuzzi (if open) or relax in the bar & on the terrace.
– Dinner at the hotel with entertainment.
Day 5 (all meals included)
– Following breakfast at the hotel, you have some free time to walk the canyon trail near the hotel
– Before our return train arrives, you will have time to wander through the handicraft market near the station.
– As soon as we board the train we will have lunch in the dining car
– We arrive back at the RV Park in El Fuerte in the early evening
Day 6 (Breakfast buffet included)
– We take an early river cruise in El Fuerte to watch bird life, then we take a short walk to some ancient petroglyphs. After breakfast, we do a 3-hour tour to see a medicine man and a traditional Mayo village with dancing.
On to Mazatlan:
Beach time, country & city tours including meals
Bus trip over the spectacular new Mazatlan-Durango highway one the world’s engineering marvels. Hotel & meals & tours in Durango. Note: those on the extension will do this in their RV’s instead. They get an extra day on the beach in Mazatlan.
Teacapan: Beach time at this remote location, miles of unspoiled beach, nice pool & generally good WiFi.
Included in the Tour
– Welcome dinner in San Carlos
– San Carlos tours including lunch
– Alamo’s tours including meal
– All RV park fees
– Transfers from the RV park to and from the Railway station in El Fuerte
– English\Spanish speaking Wagon Master
– First class round trip train tickets
— 3 nights in high-quality hotels with heated rooms
– Entertainment, wine with the meal the first night in Copper Canyon
– Copper Canyon Cable Car (not compulsory). Zipline optional
– All entrance fees
– 10 meals while at Copper Canyon plus an extra meal in El Fuerte.
– Bus, Hotel & some meals in Durango
-Tours & some meals in Mazatlan
Not enough for you?
Well, from Mazatlan onwards, you can take our extension. This extension includes many meals & tours, and Spanish lessons from our Mexican-American Wagon Master team.
If you take the extension you will skip the bus tour mentioned above and be driving this spectacular section. We will dry camp in a hot springs resort and do tours of Durango.
We visit the world heritage site city of Zacatecas, which is quite reminiscent of Barcelona in Spain. it has wonderful architecture and is loaded with history. We will visit the gigantic El Eden mine, do a city tour and visit the archaeological ruins at La Quemada
Also a world heritage site, this is my personal favorite Colonial City with its strange underground streets. Here we do a city tour and a walk around the back alleys.
Cutizeo & Monarchs:
From Cuitzeo, we visit the world famous butterfly biosphere reserve
Mexico City & Taxco:
We take a bus tour of both Mexico City and the silver city of Taxco. We also visit the impressive ruins at Teotihuacan.
This mountain lakeshore town never fails to impress.
We stay at the hot springs resort of Chimulco and take tours to nearby archaeological sites and a tequila factory.
We will experience St Patrick’s week in this seaside town. This is one of the best St Patrick’s celebrations in the world, with a fireworks display that needs to be seen to be believed..
Lo de Marcos
From here we take a nature tour up a river with swimming at the end
Back to Mazatlan, then north to the USA:
Some of our meals:
We sincerely hope you will take this opportunity to join us on the RV trip of a lifetime.
- Democracy yes! They demonstrate against the reelection of Mazatlan Mayor
- Mexico HOT SALE, nine days of “bargains” in online stores of brands such as Guess, Hugo Boss, Coach, Forever 21, LG, Liverpool
- Maritime cargo movement grows in Mazatlan
- Mayor of San Miguel de Allende allegedly assaulted two reporters