National Seismological Service highlights this movement with a strong intensity; It is the second registered in the last hours in the same area.
Sinaloa.- An earthquake with an intensity of 5 degrees, classified as strong by the National Seismological Service, was registered during the first hours of this Tuesday, January 11, off the coast of Sinaloa.
The agency detailed that the epicenter was in the Gulf of California, 123 kilometers northwest of La Paz, BCS at a depth of 16 kilometers, at 3:47 am on Tuesday.
So far no negative effects caused by this movement have been disclosed, which is added to another detected on Monday at 116 kilometers from La Paz at 3:25 p.m. with a magnitude of 4.1 degrees.
This event took place just off the coast of Sinaloa, where so far no damage has been reported or even that has been perceived by the population that at that time was, the majority, asleep.
So far this year in Sinaloa there have been 12 seismic events that have ranged between 3.8 and 4.5 degrees; the most intense 113 kilometers southwest of Guasave on January 8 at 5:11 p.m.
In the case of Baja California Sur, the National Seismological record indicates 25 events with magnitudes between 3.3 and 5 degrees, the most intense this Tuesday, January 11, 2022, with no damage reported so far.
What do in case of earthquakes?
• Prepare your family civil protection plan
• Organize and participate in evacuation drills
• Identify the safety zones in your home, school or workplace
• Constantly check the gas and light installations
• Prepare your backpack of emergency
Take action (during):
• Stay calm and stay in the safety zone
• Stay away from falling objects and windows
• If you are in your car, park and stay away from buildings, tall trees or poles
• If you find yourself In coastal areas, stay away from the beach, rivers, streams, swamps or lagoons and take refuge in higher areas
• Check your house after an earthquake
• Use the phone only in an emergency
• Do not light matches or candles until you make sure there is no gas leak
• Stay informed, DO NOT spread rumors and heed the recommendations of the authorities
• Aftershocks may occur, so it is important to stay alert
- Cruise tourists and their obligatory stop, The Cathedral of Mazatlan
- Journalist says the AMLO government is paying millions of pesos a month to a company linked to the Sinaloa Cartel
- Several Sinaloa cartel operatives sentenced in California, USA
- How Mexican actress Kate del Castillo was investigated over ‘El Chapo’