Guava is revered because it is full of vitamins A and C, potassium, lycopene and dietary fiber. But did you know that guava leaves also have many benefits? Read on to know the 17 benefits of them.
1. Promote weight loss. The consumption of guava leaf tea is said to not convert complex carbohydrates into sugar, which is what can cause hunger and weight gain if it does not burn.
2. Drinking guava leaf tea regularly is beneficial for people suffering from diabetes. This is because it helps reduce blood glucose levels without causing an increase in insulin production.
3. Tea is also known to help reduce LDL (low density lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol levels without having any negative effect on HDL (high density lipoprotein) or good cholesterol levels.
4. Guava leaf tea is very effective against diarrhea and dysentery because the leaves have antimicrobial properties
5. The same tea is also good for coping with stomach upset. It also helps to end food poisoning due to the antimicrobial properties of guava leaves.
6. It is recommended to consume guava leaf tea for people suffering from bronchitis, as well as for cough.
7. Help to deal with toothache, swollen gums and oral ulcers. These problems can be treated effectively by simply chewing some guava leaves.
8. Drinking guava leaf tea is beneficial for dengue sufferers. The perfect recipe for this viral disease is 9 pieces of guava leaves boiled in 5 cups of water until it is reduced by half.
9. Men who suffer from prostate problems and even prostate cancer can benefit from the consumption of guava leaf tea
10. Similarly, tea is also highly recommended for men with fertility problems.
11. Crushed guava leaves placed in scrapes, abrasions and minor cuts help the wounds not to become infected.
12. External ear infections can heal faster by dropping guava leaf tea, cold at room temperature, in the affected area.
13. Placing crushed guava leaves on areas of itchy skin due to allergic reactions helps provide relief.
14. Crushed leaves are also good for relieving insect bites.
15. Finely crushed guava leaves can be applied on acne and pimples. Doing this allows the vitamin C content of the leaves to take action, helping to heal. Are you looking for a totally natural way to get rid of pimples? In a blender, put a few crushed guava leaves and some water. Use the resulting mixture as a facial scrub.
16. The same mixture can be used as a facial mask to help improve the appearance of signs of premature aging.
17. With the guava leaves boiled in water and allowing it to cool to room temperature, the scalp can be massaged to end the hair loss and grow rapidly.
If you have a guava tree in your yard, you are lucky! Now you know where to go when you need a home remedy for various problems
Source: hoja verde
The Mazatlan Post