The private party was held on the beach of the Protected Natural Area.
Remains of what appears to be a private party were found this Sunday morning on Venados Island. On the beach of this Protected Natural Area, there were two tents, chairs, containers, and disposables scattered in the sand while the portable toilets turned upside down.
In the place were trays of sandwiches, two gas tanks, two grills, an ice chest, water jugs, several black bags with garbage and cardboard. There was also an excavation in the sand that was used to shape a kind of dining room and traces of fires.
Visitors who came to spend the day on the beach of that place were surprised and made the public complaint on social networks. The scene also caught the attention of people who took a ride aboard catamarans and took pictures in their wake.
Around 9 in the morning of this Sunday, some men climbed the furniture to their boats to transfer it back to the city. They said they were hired exclusively to transport the equipment and that they ignore who organized the party and who attended it.
Since the baths were turned upside down, it was necessary to wash them in the sea to be able to board the smaller vessels.
In addition to removing the furniture, the workers took away the garbage bags that were in place, however, many wastes were scattered in the sand, according to anonymous testimonies.
Why is it wrong?
The islands of Lobos, Venados and Pájaros are a Protected Natural Area (ANP), which means that they are spaces for the protection and conservation of their flora and fauna; In this way, it is about preventing its deterioration and conserving its biological wealth.
In addition to protecting species of flora and fauna, sustainable development is promoted in these places, this means that they can be enjoyed but with controlled and low-impact activities, such as ecotourism.
This implies a series of restrictive measures, such as not generating any kind of pollution and not introducing or subtracting species of flora or fauna. It is also forbidden to disturb animals, hunt and light fires, among others.
Holding parties or other activities without respecting prohibitions is illegal.
Protected natural areas
NPCs may be extensions of sea or land intended for the in situ conservation of biodiversity.
In Mexico, the National Commission of Protected Natural Areas (Conanp) is the agency responsible for its care and management.
At the national level, there are various types of protected areas: federal, state, municipal, community, ejido and private.
It is estimated that in our country there are a total of 182 Federal Protected Natural Areas, which are divided into seven categories: Sanctuaries, Biosphere Reserves, National Parks, Natural Monuments, Areas of Protection of Natural Resources and Areas of Wildlife Protection and Flora, according to reports published by Conanp on its website.
- By federal decree, since August 2, 1978, the islands of Lobos, Deer and Birds are a Reserve and Refuge Zone for Migratory Birds and Wildlife of the Gulf of California Islands.
- On April 18, 1991, they were decreed as a State Protected Natural Area.
- On June 7, 2000, they were re-categorized as a Federal Flora and Fauna Protection Area.
- On April 17, 2001, its Management Program was published.
- By federal decree, on December 1, 2014, the area of 11,000.01 square meters of federal land maritime zone, of Isla Venados, was used for the protection, preservation, restocking, propagation, acclimatization of the National Commission of Protected Natural Areas , refuge and investigation of flora and fauna, as well as education and dissemination.
- On July 3, 2019, The World Heritage Committee of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) decided to register the islands and Protected Areas of the Gulf of California (Mexico) in the List of World Heritage in Danger. This declaration also applies to the Lobos, Deer and Birds islands.
The Mazatlan Post