Learn how to prepare the famous green sauce taco style guacamole with this simple recipe without avocado.
Weather: 15 min. approx.Servings: 1 approx.
- 10 green tomatoes
- 1 zucchini cut into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeño peppers or 3 serrano peppers
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ bunch of coriander
Learn to prepare the best salsa to sell,Fanny will give you the best tips!
Has it happened to you that you go to a taqueria and one of the richest sauces they have is an intense green with creamy texture and flavored with guacamole?
The other day I went to a taquería and when the waiter asked, if everything was fine? I told him that avocado sauce was my favorite. The waiter looked surprised and told me, the sauce does not have an avocado although it has the flavor, the texture and the color.
This is a trick of the taqueros, they prepare a sauce with flavor, smell and consistency to the guacamole but, since it does not have avocado, it is a sauce of very low cost.
If you would like to learn how to prepare it, I share the following recipe.
- COOK the zucchini and tomatoes in a pan with water for five minutes.
- ADD vegetable oil to a frying pan and brown the jalapeño peppers until they take a homogeneous golden color; remove the chiles from the oil and reserve both.
- DRAIN the water from the tomatoes and place them in a blender glass with the jalapeño peppers, the garlic, the oil where the chilies are browned , the cilantro and the salt; Blend until everything is well incorporated.
- SERVE this delicious taqueria-style green sauce with your favorite tacos .
One of the most common problems when we consume sauces , especially green sauces, is that they cause acidity. This uncomfortable feeling that you feel as if the esophagus burned; an annoying and painful sensation.
This is due to the acidity and excess of fat that some sauces contain. If you suffer from this discomfort after eating sauces, I share the following tips to avoid them and prevent your sauces from remaining acidic.
- Always remember to use green tomatoesand ripe tomatoes, to be at their point release a little more sweetness, preventing the sauce is acidic.
- When you boil the green tomatoes , add a teaspoon of baking soda, this will balance the pH of the tomato.
- If after preparing your sauce you realize that it left you acid, add a little refined sugar; This will remove the spiciness of the sauce, it will only eliminate the acidity.
- In case the sauce has been very acidic, you can always add a little bit of baking soda, even if the sauce is already finished.
With these simple tips, there is no excuse to have to battle with the acidity of these delicacies picositas.
The Mazatlan Post