The Applied Political Communication survey reveals that almost 20% of the users consulted use the messenger for more than six hours.
In the era of smartphones, one of the most common communication tools is WhatsApp, and no doubt knowing how much time is dedicated to this instant messenger and why, speaks a lot about the user and its uses and customs.
The most relevant according to the survey “How do Mexicans use WhatsApp? Study 2019 “, is that 17.37% of Mexicans for more than six hours on average in the messenger.
Taking into account that 17% of Mexicans use WhatsApp messaging service 6 hours a day (or more) and that this period of time is equivalent to a quarter of a day, in 4 days, this percentage of the population will have passed 1 whole day connected to this application.
The above, considering a month of 31 days, would result in 7 days and ¾ parts of another spent on this WhatsApp in 1 month.
Sampling highlights that 91.31% chat with friends, 81.74% with relatives, while labor use reaches 62.36% and the rest is divided between interest groups and acquaintances.
It is a priority to say that 97.55% of the users use it for personal conversations and 76.17% to share information, although from the WhatsApp measure of restricting the forwarding of messages to only five contacts, some things have changed.
In this line, the survey makes clear that the majority and those who most use the messenger are young people from the generational age range of 21 to 30 years. Followed by percentages that do not make much difference, standing out those from 31 to 40 with 18.02%.
Even the graduates
While 65.71% of those who use WhatsApp have studied a bachelor’s degree, only 15.82% have completed a postgraduate course and 15.60% have attended the baccalaureate.
What is surprising is that 59.12% of those who use it are women and the remaining 40.88%, men.
The survey, which covered the central area of the country, revealed that Guerrero, Cuernavaca, Puebla and Tlaxcala were the states where they most communicate by the messenger that today belongs to Mark Zuckerberg.
No less interesting is knowing that 89.31% use it to share images, 79.06% for photos, while the 68% alderor uses it to pass audios, files, videos, links and locations.
Only 3.79% affect the chains and the “fake news” does not generate waves as in other moments, due to the fact that 59.76% argue not to believe in everything that comes to them.
The study was carried out by the consultancy Comunicación Política Aplicada, through a national sample of 455 cases (40% of which were men and 59% women), applied from January 14 to February 4, 2019.
What type of information is shared?
The Mazatlan Post
- Cruise ships return to Mazatlan give popular public transport a much needed lift
- Legislators reproach the inequality in promotion and care of municipalities of Sinaloa
- Port of Mazatlan dredging begins for multi-purpose master development of the harbor
- As Mazatlan restaurants come and go “The Vegan Route” has been serving vegetarians since 2014