In the presence of hurricane ‘Willa’, which is category 5, Municipal Civil Protection has issued several notices.
Before the imminent arrival of the hurricane ‘Willa’ to the coast of Sinaloa, Civil Protection of Mazatlan has published the atlas of hydrometeorological and geological risks of the port, this to show the areas with the highest rate of damage caused by the rains, as well as the zones of mudslides and landslides.
The colonies with greater risk of flooding are Santa Virginia, some streets of the Rubén Jaramillo neighborhood, Insurgentes, Francisco Soler, the zone of the III Military General Headquarters, Azteca, José María Morelos, Montuosa, Cerro del Vigía, Isla de la Piedra, Vicente Guerrero, Gustavo Díaz Ordaz, Uriah Valley, Genaro Estrada, Valle Bonito, Hills of Real Lomas del Ebano, Felipe Ángeles, Loma Linda, Lomas del Porvenir, Gabriel Leyva, Heroes del Cañonero Tampico Street, Miramar, Gastélum, among other.
Before any eventuality, the city has eight shelters distributed throughout the city, where anyone who needs help or a place to take refuge can go.
- MIC Hostel (Mazatlan International Center) located by Ave del Delfin
- ICO Hostel (Cultural Institute of the West located by the International Boulevard Mexico 15
- UAS ECA Hostel Located between Av. Mexican Army and Sports
- Hostel UAS Turismo between Armada de México and Leonismo Internacional
- Hostel Club de Leones for Av. Insurgentes, between Del Edén Street and Reforma Avenue
- Hostel Conalep 1 por Bulevar Luis Donaldo Colosio followed by the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock
- Sixto Osuna Hostel (Villa Union) between Sixto Osuna and Juan S. Millán
- Public Safety Shelter located by Enrique Pérez Arce, between Agustín Melgar and Juan Escutia
The Mazatlan Post