The Federal Commission for the Protection against Sanitary Risks (Cofepris) has ordered the withdrawal of the Valsartan market manufactured by the company Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd based in China, this after the manufacturing company detected an impurity generated by the method of synthesis of the product
The Valsartan is the active substance in drugs used for the treatment of cardiac and antihypertensive failure..
In a statement, Cofepris investigates Mexican companies that use it to immobilize the product and not sell it.
This notification has affected multiple countries, which is why COFEPRIS, through its international cooperation schemes, will join the corresponding sanitary control actions to avoid any risk to the population.
with Valsartan active ingredientmentioned above, it is recommended not to stop the treatment and go to the doctor to be granted the prescription of an alternative medication that has the same function according to the treatment that is performed .
- Physicians: Review the treatments and replace the medication with another one with the same composition or same therapeutic indication that is not within the withdrawal carried out by this Authority.
- Pharmacies: Upon presentation of a prescription with Valsartan active ingredient, tell the patient to consult his doctor and not to stop treatment. The COFEPRIS monitor the aforementioned drugs are marketed.
- Snowbirds headed north are being told to stay in their Southern nests
- Korean Tiktoker leaves Mexico and says she misses our country for an incredible reason; video goes viral
- Tortilla producers ‘in the fight’ to end the unfair competition in Mazatlan
- Mi Cochinito: first Mexican international social crowdfunding platform