The Fiesta del Agave 2023 Festival wants to educate the public and make them aware of the great importance of the Agave in Mexican culture, in its food and in its traditions.
At the festival, the different types of agaves in Mexico will be revealed; The states that have denomination of origin in Tequila, Mezcal, Raicilla and Bacanora.
Agave products such as their fermented (Agave Beer) their distillates (Tequila, Mezcal, Raicilla and Bacanora) their sweetener that is Agave Syrup is like taking a trip through Mexico through its flavor.
The program will include activities such as:
• Tastings of Mezcal, Tequila, Raicilla and Agave Beer.
• Differences and similarities between Tequila, Mezcal and Raicilla.
• Cooking classes with Mezcal and Tequila.
• Mixology classes.
• Cooking with Agave.
• There will be the participation of Mazatlan gastronomy for pairing within the festival.
• Second Cocktail/Mixology Fiesta del Agave contest during the event where the
local bartenders will present new cocktails and prizes will be awarded to first and second place.
• Presentations by experts such as the types of agave in Mexico, the endemic agaves of
each state, the distillation processes and the differences between ancestral, artisanal and
• Presentation and tasting of the exhibitors. (tequila, mezcal and raicilla).
• Agave syrup. Its importance as the best Mexican natural sweetener.
• Live music.
• Performance of storytelling and the stories of the agave from Nahuat mythology.
- History of Mezcal.
- Importance of the NOM. (Tequila and Mezcal)
- Processes and production of Mezcal in Zacatecas, Oaxaca, Durango, and Puebla.
- Processes and production of Tequila in Jalisco.
- Agaves in Mexico.
- Differences between Tequila and Mezcal.
- Importance of Agave in Mexican culture and cuisine.
This is a Premium event that boasts export-quality participating brands, some of them with medals in international competitions.
• Mezcal Fuzion Hacienda de Banuelos (Zacatecas)
• Mezcal Caballo Viejo (Reposado). Zacatecas
• Mezcal Sin Remitente Joven. Durango.
• Mezcal Sombra. Oaxaca.() • Mezcal Los Ocotales Premium. (Oaxaca) • Mezcal Sombra () Oaxaca.
• Mezcal Nitzuga (Oaxaca)
• Mezcal Mezquizio (Oaxaca)
• Mezcal Moliencas (Oaxaca)
• Mezcal Los Fuertes () (Puebla) • Raicilla Saite. (Jaliisco) • Tequila La Tarea Plata y Reposado (Jalisco) • Tequila Siempre. (Plata) Tequila, Jalisco. ()
• Jarabe de agave 100% natural
• (*) Premios Internacionales ganados.
• Tequila SIEMPRE. (Silver) Tequila, Jalisco. ()
- Tequila TAREA Reposado
- Tequila TAREA Blanco
• 100% natural agave syrup
Mazatlan Agave Festival 2023.
Dates: March 24 and March 25.
Venue: Museum of Art of Mazatlan.
Address: Sixto Osuna 71. Historical center. Mazatlan Sinaloa.
Working hours: 12:00 – 20:00
Mazatlan Agave Festival 2023
Information: Cel. 669.250.5070 with WhatsApp