Los Mochis woman who died at border wall is transferred back home for funeral services


The woman trying to enter the United States illegally succeeded in climbing the border wall, but her descent was fatal.

The young mother died on April 11 after being hung from a rappelling harness for several hours; she was rescued by the US authorities but she did not survive

Day after day there are many people who try to cross the border wall between Mexico and the United States, but unfortunately, things do not always go well and there are those who are injured and even killed in the midst of their risky feat. This is the case of a 32-year -old woman who, according to reports, died last Monday night while trying to cross the barrier on the border with the United States, specifically near Douglas, Arizona.

Although the officials of the United States Customs and Border Protection Office did not reveal further details about the identity of this Mexican woman, they did mention that she was trying to cross the wall to make her way into the United States and, although her climb was well and managed to reach the top, her descent was fatal.

The Cochise County police did not reveal the exact cause of death, but they emphasized that this woman had been hanging upside down for a long time, allegedly trapped in a harness that she had used for climbing. The case remains under investigation.

It should be noted that some of the last border wall constructions carried out before the end of former President Donald Trump’s term were carried out in the Douglas area, precisely where the woman died last Monday. And, in this area, the steel columns reach up to 9 meters (30 feet) high. At the moment, officials from the United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP), in conjunction with the Office of Professional Responsibility, are expected to clarify the case and provide more details about the victim and her tragic death.

Finally, this is not the first time that an accident of this type has occurred since previously there have been cases in which people get fractures and even die from the height of the fall, all in their intention to cross the border with the United States.

Griselda’s body is transferred to Los Mochis; she will be watched over by her daughters and her family in Huacaporito

Ten days after his death, her body was transferred to Los Mochis and from there to the Huacaporito community, belonging to the Higuera Zaragoza syndicate, where she lived with his mother and young daughters.

The remains of the young woman, who was the mother of a one-year-old and 9-year-old girl, were transferred from the United States to a local funeral home. Around 5 in the morning the arrival of the body was registered

The Mazatlan Post