The National Weather Service forecasts heavy rains, high chances of snow and snow, and very low temperatures, take precautions.
Mexico. – Again and as it happened last week, Mexico is preparing to receive a new wave of cold due to a new frontal system, a cold core vortex, and the eventual activation of the sixth winter storm of the season.
In its forecast notice for this Saturday, February 5, the National Weather Service highlights that the vortex will establish itself off the coast of Baja California and in interaction with the subtropical jet stream, will cause strong winds with dust storms in the northwest and north of the country. , in addition to maintaining the cold environment in these regions.
The projection of the climate comes as follows according to the forecast of the climate agency:
Precipitation for today February 5, 2022:
• Intense rains with punctual torrential rains (150 to 250 mm): Chiapas (north) and Tabasco.
• Very strong rains with intense punctual rains (75 to 150 mm): Veracruz (south) and Campeche (southwest).
• Heavy rains with very strong points (50 to 75 mm): Oaxaca (east).
• Intervals of showers with strong punctual rains (25 to 50 mm): Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
• Intervals of showers (5 to 25 mm): Durango, Sinaloa (south), and Nayarit.
• Isolated rains (0.1 to 5 mm): Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Jalisco, Colima, State of Mexico, Mexico City, Tlaxcala, Puebla and Guerrero.
Forecast of minimum temperatures for today February 5, 2022:
• Minimum temperatures from -15 to -10 °C: mountainous areas of Sonora, Chihuahua, Durango, Coahuila and Nuevo León.
• Minimum temperatures from -10 to -5 °C: mountainous areas of Baja California, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí and Tamaulipas.
• Minimum temperatures from -5 to 0 °C: mountainous areas of Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Veracruz, Puebla, Tlaxcala and the State of Mexico.
• Minimum temperatures from 0 to 5 °C: mountainous areas of Sinaloa, Nayarit, Jalisco, Michoacán, Mexico City, Morelos, Oaxaca and Chiapas.
• Frost: Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Zacatecas, Durango, Sinaloa, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Michoacán, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Puebla, Tlaxcala, State of Mexico , Mexico City and Morelos.
Forecast of maximum temperatures for today February 5, 2022:
• Maximum temperatures from 35 to 40 °C: Jalisco (coast), Colima, Michoacán, Guerrero, Oaxaca (coast) and Chiapas (south).
• Maximum temperatures from 30 to 35 °C: Sinaloa, Nayarit, Morelos, Puebla (southwest) and Quintana Roo.
Wind forecast for today February 5, 2022:
“North” event with gusts of 90 to 110 km/h: Isthmus and Gulf of Tehuantepec, with gusts of 70 to 90 km/h: central and southern coast of Veracruz, with gusts of 60 to 70 km/h: coasts of Tamaulipas, Veracruz (north), Tabasco and Campeche, and with gusts of 40 to 50 km/h: Yucatan coasts.
Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km/h: Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Guanajuato, San Luis Potosí, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas, as well as in the Gulf of California; with dust collectors in Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila and Durango.
Waves from 3 to 5 meters: coasts of Veracruz (center and south) and Tabasco, as well as in the Gulf of Tehuantepec, and from 1 to 3 meters: coasts of Tamaulipas, Campeche and Yucatan.
Forecast by regions:
Valley of Mexico: A cold to very cold environment is forecast with possible frosts at dawn in high areas that surround the region. For the rest of the day, cloudy to cloudy sky conditions will prevail, with the probability of isolated rains (0.1 to 5 mm in 24 h) in Mexico City and the State of Mexico. South and southwest wind from 10 to 20 km/h with gusts of up to 40 km/h. In Mexico City, a minimum temperature of 4 to 6°C and a maximum of 21 to 23°C is forecast. For the capital of the State of Mexico, minimum temperature from 0 to 2°C and maximum from 18 to 20°C.
Baja California Peninsula: Clear skies most of the day and no rain in Baja California and Baja California Sur. Cold to very cold morning atmosphere and icy atmosphere with frost at dawn in high areas of the region. Cool to mild atmosphere in the afternoon. North and northwest wind from 20 to 35 km/h with gusts of 50 to 60 km/h in the Gulf of California and dust storms in Baja California.
North Pacific: Clear skies in Sonora and partly cloudy in the afternoon in Sinaloa with the probability of rains with intervals of showers in the south of the entity. Morning environment from very cold to icy with frost at dawn and in the afternoon environment from cool to temperate in Sonora and warm in Sinaloa. Variable wind from 10 to 20 km/h with gusts of up to 60 km/h and dust storms in Sonora.
Central Pacific: Sky with scattered clouds in the morning and partly cloudy in the afternoon with showers in Nayarit, as well as isolated rains in Jalisco and Colima. Morning atmosphere from very cold to cold with frost at dawn in the highlands of Jalisco and Michoacán. Evening atmosphere from warm to hot. Variable direction wind from 10 to 25 km/h with gusts of 50 to 60 km/h in Jalisco.
South Pacific: Cloudy sky most of the day with punctual torrential rains in Chiapas (north) and very strong in Oaxaca (east) accompanied by electric shocks, isolated rains in Guerrero. Fog banks in mountain areas of Oaxaca. Morning environment from very cold to cold in the morning and in the afternoon warm to hot environment. Variable wind from 10 to 25 km/h in Guerrero and a “North” event with gusts of 90 to 110 km/h in the Isthmus of Tehuantepec and waves of 3 to 5 meters in height in the Gulf of Tehuantepec.
Gulf of Mexico: Cloudy sky most of the day with punctual torrential rains in Tabasco and intense punctual rains in Veracruz (south). Fog banks in much of the region. Cool to cool environment in the morning and warm to warm environment in the afternoon. Very strong “North” event with gusts of 70 to 90 km/h on the central and southern coast of Veracruz; with gusts of 60 to 70 km/h on the coast of Tamaulipas, Veracruz (north), and Tabasco; as well as waves of 3 to 5 meters in height in Veracruz and Tabasco, as well as 1 to 3 meters in Tamaulipas.
Yucatan Peninsula: Cloudy skies during the day with intense punctual rains in Campeche and strong punctual rains in Yucatan and Quintana Roo. Morning atmosphere from cool to mild and warm to hot in the afternoon. “North” event with gusts of 60 to 70 km/h on the Campeche coast and 40 to 50 km/h on the Yucatan coast, both with waves of 1 to 3 meters in height.
Mesa del Norte: Cloudy sky in the morning and partly cloudy in the afternoon and night with the probability of showers in Durango, as well as isolated rains in Zacatecas and San Luis Potosí. Dense banks of fog and an environment from very cold to icy with frost at dawn on mountains. In the afternoon, a cool to temperate environment and a variable wind of 15 to 30 km/h in the region; gusts of 50 to 60 km/h in Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, San Luis Potosí and Nuevo León; with dust collectors in Coahuila and Durango.
Central Table: Partly cloudy to cloudy sky with isolated rains in Puebla and Tlaxcala and no rain in Morelos. Cold to very cold environment with frost at dawn and fog banks in mountain areas. In the afternoon, atmosphere from mild to warm. Variable direction wind from 10 to 25 km/h with gusts of 35 km/h in the region.
The maximum rainfall of the last 24 hours (in millimeters) was recorded in:
Tepetitán, Tab., 250.7; Penitas, Chis., 98.1; Rio Lizards, Yuc., 42.6; Ciudad del Carmen, Camp., 18.0; José María Morelos, Q. Roo., 15.2 and Tierra Morada, Ver., 8.0.
The maximum temperatures (in °C) were recorded in:
Tapachula, Chis., 35.0; Felipe Carrillo Puerto, Q. Roo., 34.8; Valladolid, Yuc., 34.5; Colima, Col. and in Acapulco, Gro., 34.0; Zamora, Mich., 30.8; Choix, Sin., 29.9; Campeche, Camp., 29.8; Huajuapan de León, Oaxaca. and Tacubaya, Mexico City, 23.2.
The minimum temperatures (in °C) were recorded in:
Summits of Majalca, Chih., -13.9; Villa Ocampo, Dgo., -8.0; Morelos Múzquiz, Coah., -5.5; Yecora, Son., -4-3; Sierra Gorda II, Gto., -2.6; Summits of Monterrey, NL, -2.0; Valle de Bravo, EdoMéx., -1.6 and Mexico City Airport, 5.0.
- Relocating to Mexico NO BULL with Mexico Relocation Guide! Ep02. Purchasing Real Estate in Mexico
- Mazatlan Elements of the Rescue Squad and Firefighters will receive a course to save lives in fast-moving waters and floods
- Vaccination for children between 5 and 11 years old against Covid begins on Monday 27
- Mazatlan Baseball Cup fills hotels and restaurants