The Guitar World Capitol, Paracho de Verduzco, obtained its appointment as Magic Town, becoming the ninth in Michoacán.
The municipal government of Paracho submitted its request to obtain the appointment and after a rigorous process, the town met all the requirements to be named as a Magic Town.
According to the Federal Ministry of Tourism, a Magic Town must have symbols and legends, historical moments, magical attractions, and above all, that show the identity of the country in each of its corners.
In this sense, Paracho de Verduzco is world-renowned for making guitars and various wood-based toys, as well as having been the inspiration to make the guitar for the famous Disney movie “Coco”.
The new Magic Town of Michoacán has many activities to offer its visitors, some of them are:
- Museum of the Guitar Fair and Lauderos Club
- House of the Artisans
- Monumental guitar
- Cerrito Pelón
- Tata Vasco ecotourism center
- Chapels included in the National Catalog of Historical Monuments Property by the National Institute of Anthropology and History
Paracho de Verduzco joins the 8 Magical Towns that Michoacán already had: Angangueo, Cuitzeo, Santa Clara del Cobre, Tacámbaro, Jiquilpan, Tlalpujahua, Pátzcuaro and Tzintzuntzan.
During the event, the Secretary of Tourism of Michoacán, Claudia Chávez López, accompanied by the Municipal President of Paracho, José Manuel Caballero, received the appointment of the entity. The Federal Ministry of Tourism granted 11 new appointments of Magical Towns that are added to the program, giving a result of 132 Magical Towns.
- Cruise ships return to Mazatlan give popular public transport a much needed lift
- Legislators reproach the inequality in promotion and care of municipalities of Sinaloa
- Port of Mazatlan dredging begins for multi-purpose master development of the harbor
- As Mazatlan restaurants come and go “The Vegan Route” has been serving vegetarians since 2014