VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 12, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Endeavour Silver Corp. (NYSE: EXK) (TSX: EDR) announces that exploration drilling continues to intersect high-grade gold-silver mineralization in the Santa Cruz vein on the El Curso property at the Guanacevi mine in Durango, Mexico. Drilling was suspended for four months, April through July, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A total of 11 holes were drilled since the end of July, 8 of which hit high grades over mineable widths (view longitudinal section here).
Drilling highlights of the 11 core holes include the following intersections:
- 2,307 gpt silver and 3.15 grams per tonne (gpt) gold over 3.2 metres (m) true width in hole UCM-29 (2,559 gpt or 74.6 oz per ton (opT) silver equivalents (AgEq) over 10.5 feet (ft) using an 80:1 silver:gold ratio)
- 1,409 gpt silver and 3.13 gpt gold over 3.1 m true width in hole UCM-30 (1,659 gpt or 48.4 opT AgEq over 10.2 ft)
- 381 gpt silver and 0.65 gpt gold over a 11.5 m true width in hole UCM-36 (433 gpt or 12.6 opT AgEq over 37.7 ft)
Drill holes UCM-29 to 38 continue to delineate the northwest extension of the original P4 orebody onto the El Curso property, part of the Guanacevi mine complex. This P4 extension on the El Curso property now measures 600 m long by 400 m deep, still open along strike and at depth. Endeavour is currently mining El Curso as well as the Milache and SCS orebodies. Drilling in Q4, 2020 will focus on filling the gap to the west toward the Milache orebody.
Qualified Person and QA/ QC – Godfrey Walton, M.Sc ., P.Geo ., Endeavour President, is the Qualified Person who reviewed and approved this news release and supervised the drilling programs in Mexico. A Quality Control sampling program of reference standards, blanks and duplicates is used to monitor the integrity of all assay results. All samples are split at the local field office and shipped to SGS Labs, where they are dried, crushed, split and 250 gram pulp samples are prepared for analysis. Gold is determined by fire assay with an atomic absorption (AA) finish and silver by aqua regia digestion and ICP finish, over-limits by fire assay and gravimetric finish.
About Endeavour Silver – Endeavour Silver Corp. is a mid-tier precious metals mining company that owns and operates three high-grade, underground, silver-gold mines in Mexico. Endeavour is currently advancing the Terronera Mine project towards a development decision and exploring its portfolio of exploration and development projects in Mexico and Chile to facilitate its goal to become a premier senior silver producer. Our philosophy of corporate social integrity creates value for all stakeholders.
SOURCE: Endeavour Silver Corp.
- Hoteliers and their families tour what will be the largest Aquarium in Latin America
- Durango-Mazatlán railway would be a trigger for northern Mexico
- This is how Sectur Sinaloa will promote the state in the face of limited resources
- Get ready to live Mazatlan’s Carnival! Here are the activities for your celebration