Through a statement, the company ICA, operator of the Merida – Cancun highway “Autovía del Mayab”, reported that due to the increase in the water level in some areas, closings have been made to safeguard the integrity of motorists.
The temporary closure is made at Km 115 + 500 located at the exit to Pisté and Km 155 + 300 located at the exit to Valladolid in both directions of traffic.
The cut to circulation began Thursday night and traffic will be reactivated until the weather conditions allow it.
La Autopista Mérida – Cancún es una vía de 4 carriles con 241 km de longitud. En la actualidad se cuenta con 7 entronques:
- Kantunil, which connects the Highway with the population of the same name, as well as with Tibolón, Sotuta, Tixcacaltuyub, Tahdzibichén. Free Union and Yaxcaba.
- Izamal, which connects the Highway with Xanaba, Sudzal, Cuauhtémoc and Izamal.
- Holca, which connects the Highway with the population of the same name and Kantunil.
- Piste, which connects the Highway with the population of the same name and the archaeological site of Chichén Itzá.
- Valladolid, which connects the Highway with the population of the same name and Chichimila.
- Cedral – Tintal – Playa del Carmen, which connects the Highway with the town of Cedral and from there, heading north, with Isla Holbox and to the southeast with Tintal and Playa del Carmen (and the rest of the Riviera Maya).
- Cancun, which connects the Highway with Huayacan Avenue, Cancun International Airport and the Cancun – Tulum Highway.
The Mazatlan Post
- Cruise ships return to Mazatlan give popular public transport a much needed lift
- Legislators reproach the inequality in promotion and care of municipalities of Sinaloa
- Port of Mazatlan dredging begins for multi-purpose master development of the harbor
- As Mazatlan restaurants come and go “The Vegan Route” has been serving vegetarians since 2014