The return to activities in Mexico will be by region as reported by the Ministry of Health. For example, the ‘ New Normal ‘ will come into effect this Monday in the so-called ‘municipalities of hope’, that is, 269 municipalities spread over 15 states that will be able to return to their activities because they do not present confirmed cases of Covid-19.
The plans for the return of the so-called ‘New Normal ‘ was presented, which will mark the beginning of the gradual restoration of activities in Mexico, after 51 days of confinement due to the Covid-19 Coronavirus pandemic.
Graciela Márquez, Secretary of Economy, announced this progressive plan that will be based on a ‘Traffic Light’ to reactivate social, educational, and economic activities.
This Traffic Light is made up of three stages:
Stage 1 | May 18:
Reopening of the Municipalities of La Esperanza. 269 municipalities located in 15 states, while in the Valley of Mexico it could take a little more time to resume activities.
Stage 2 | From May 18 to 31:
Preparation for reopening
Construction, mining, and equipment manufacturing of transportation will be considered essential activities.
Stage 3 | June 1:
System semaphore by region for the reopening of social, educational, and economic activities.
What are the stages of this Traffic Light?
Only essential activities will be reactivated and public and occupational health measures will continue.
The public space will remain closed, vulnerable people will not be able to go out yet and school activities will not be in person.
Public health and work measures are maintained, non-essential activities will be returned to in a reduced way.
Public spaces are opened but in a reduced way, vulnerable people will be able to leave but with the maximum sanitary security measures.
At this point, it was said that the government will implement strategies so that this sector has all the necessary measures to take to the streets.
Public health and work measures continue, non-essential activities are reincorporated as normal.
Public activities also return to normal in open and closed spaces. The vulnerable sector can reduce its care from maximum to medium.
School activities return, in addition to non-essential activities and the reopening of public spaces.
It is expected that at this level the country will return to normal but maintaining public and occupational health measures, as well as care actions for vulnerable people.
However, the recommendation of Dr. Jorge Baruch Díaz Ramírez, head of the Traveler’s Clinic of the Faculty of Medicine of UNAM, is not to make visits to other states since the number of infections is not the same with each area of the Republic Mexican.
Above all, he explains, the inhabitants of Mexico City would have to wait a little longer since the country’s capital is the most affected federal entity.
“We must be very careful in mobility when the migration restriction measures begin to relax. Because if we have the idea that with the relaxation of the measures we can start traveling within Mexico, what we are going to start doing is bring the disease to these municipalities where they do not have sufficient sanitary structure or the virus. It is important that we have patients, “said Dr. Díaz for the Herald.
What are the most affected states in Mexico?
Mexico is experiencing the highest peak of coronavirus infections. Phase 3 reaches its peak, since the two thousand cases confirmed by Covid-19 per day are being exceeded, so the recommendations of the health authorities are to respect quarantine and if you need to leave, strictly abide by hygiene measures and security not to spread the disease.
Even Mexico has already surpassed China in the number of infections, reaching 45,032 cases and 4,767 deaths this Friday, making the Mexican Republic 17th in affected countries around the world.
During the presentation of the strategy to reopen social, school and economic activities, it was explained that the return to the “new normal” will be done in three stages, the first of which will begin on May 18 with the so-called ‘Municipalities of Hope’ that there are 269 located in 15 states.
The second stage is the preparation for the general reopening and will be from May 18 to 31 and within this phase, essential activities will be considered.
Stage three was called ‘Weekly traffic light by regions’ and will start on June 1 traffic light and as its name implies, the traffic light will mark the reopening of social, educational, and economic activities.
It is worth mentioning that Mexico City continues to be the most affected entity, reporting more than 12,000 positive cases. Likewise, the State of Mexico, Baja California, Sinaloa, Tabasco, Quintana Roo, Veracruz and Puebla are entities with a high number of infections.
Confirmed cases and deaths from COVID-19 in Mexico | 15th of May*
- Aguascalientes | 443 confirmed | 18 deaths | 405 suspects | 2,605 negatives
- Baja California | 3,040 confirmed | 518 deaths | 805 suspects | 2,037 negatives
- Baja California Sur | 439 confirmed | 26 deaths | 71 suspects | 1,106 negatives
- Campeche | 280 confirmed | 35 deaths | 36 suspects | 456 negatives
- Chiapas | 533 confirmed | 39 deaths | 222 suspects | 849 negatives
- Chihuahua | 874 confirmed | 183 deaths | 643 suspects | 1,152 negatives
- CDMX | 12,456 confirmed | 1,197 deaths | 7,598 suspects | 17,345 negatives
- Coahuila | 644 confirmed | 54 deaths | 905 suspects | 4,126 negatives
- Colima | 58 confirmed | 7 deaths | 37 suspects | 268 negatives
- Durango | 150 confirmed | 15 deaths | 169 suspects | 1,085 negatives
- Edo. from Mexico | 7,570 confirmed | 453 deaths | 9,079 suspects | 8,602 negatives
- Guanajuato | 658 confirmed | 63 deaths | 810 suspects | 6,845 negatives
- Guerrero | 743 confirmed | 101 deaths | 466 suspects | 1,096 negatives
- Hidalgo | 748 confirmed | 141 deaths | 207 suspects | 964 negatives
- Jalisco | 767 confirmed | 69 deaths | 737 suspects | 7,104 negatives
- Michoacán | 768 confirmed | 81 deaths | 672 suspects | 2,339 negatives
- Morelos | 1,021 confirmed | 142 deaths | 222 suspects | 886 negatives
- Nayarit | 287 confirmed | 26 deaths | 83 suspects | 699 negatives
- Nuevo Leon | 776 confirmed | 49 deaths | 1,040 suspects | 7,334 negatives
- Oaxaca | 369 confirmed | 63 deaths | 232 suspects | 785 negatives
- Puebla | 1,338 confirmed | 180 deaths | 605 suspects | 2,238 negatives
- Querétaro | 361 confirmed | 31 deaths | 192 suspects | 900 negatives
- Quintana Roo | 1,257 confirmed | 234 deaths | 179 suspects | 984 negatives
- San Luis Potosí | 399 confirmed | 19 deaths | 233 suspects | 2,321 negatives
- Sinaloa | 1,814 confirmed | 261 deaths | 567 suspects | 2,130 negatives
- Sonora | 757 confirmed | 34 deaths | 539 suspects | 1,657 negatives
- Tabasco | 2,177 confirmed | 275 deaths | 432 suspects | 2,225 negatives
- Tamaulipas | 890 confirmed | 55 deaths | 566 suspects | 3,150 negatives
- Tlaxcala | 509 confirmed | 86 deaths | 139 suspects | 1,155 negatives
- Veracruz | 1,700 confirmed | 222 deaths | 813 suspects | 2,368 negatives
- Yucatan | 1,025 confirmed | 68 deaths | 254 suspects | 1,935 negatives
- Zacatecas | 181 confirmed | 22 deaths | 70 suspects | 885 negatives
After CDMX, the State of Mexico and Baja California continue to be the states with the highest number of Covid-19 infections in our country. While Colima, Durango, and Zacatecas concentrate a smaller population with the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
When does the quarantine in Mexico end?
The Health Council declared a health emergency due to force majeure to deal with the outbreak of coronavirus in Mexico, so it was originally agreed to suspend essential activities until April 30; However, the Undersecretary for Prevention and Health Promotion, Hugo López-Gatell, announced an extension of this period, so the National Sana Distancia Day will last until May 30
When did the quarantine start in Mexico?
Since March 20, it was decreed that classes in the country were suspended to begin, in this way, with the quarantine, which was scheduled to end in just over a month, that is, on April 30, which a change.
When does the quarantine in Mexico end?
However, on Thursday, April 16, Dr. Hugo López-Gatell, Undersecretary for Health Promotion and Prevention, reported that the quarantine will last until May 30, to continue fighting the expansion of COVID-19.
What are NON-essential activities?
Through the daily press conference, it was announced that all non-essential activities were prohibited as of Monday, March 30, both in the public, private and social sectors.
The non-essential activities that must be suspended during the month of May are those that do not affect the substantive activity of a public social or private organization, or the rights of its users, according to the Ministry of the Interior.
These activities include factories not related to essential services, as well as nightclubs, restaurants, cultural and leisure facilities, sports clubs, parks in general, churches, cinemas, shopping malls, etc.
What are the essential activities?
Meanwhile, the activities that will not stop during this period because they are vital, like everything that has to do with health, are the following:
- Activities necessary to attend emergencies such as the medical branch and the health sector, public and private fields
- Public security, integrity, and national sovereignty
- Legislative activity
- Essential sectors for the functioning of the economy
- Social programs for the government continue
The Mazatlan Post
- Hoteliers and their families tour what will be the largest Aquarium in Latin America
- Durango-Mazatlán railway would be a trigger for northern Mexico
- This is how Sectur Sinaloa will promote the state in the face of limited resources
- Get ready to live Mazatlan’s Carnival! Here are the activities for your celebration