Americans are already eagerly planning their costumes and Halloween plans – not to mention, consuming pumpkin spice everything! However, Mexico celebrates in October much differently. Steeped in culture and traditions, Día de los Muertos, or “Day of the Dead,” is a Mexican holiday (October 31 – November 2) celebrating the departed and symbolically reuniting the living and dead.
To encourage travelers to visit Mexico and immerse themselves in the breadth of cultural activities and experiences during this vibrant holiday, Expedia Group Media Solutions, the global digital advertising organization of Expedia Group, in collaboration with Aeroméxico, Barceló Hotel Group, Seadust Cancun Family Resort, Cancun, Cozumel and Riviera Maya, launched the “Day of the Dead” campaign.
Inspiring travelers to explore Mexico’s diverse culture, the campaign promotes various Mexican regions that are well-known for their Day of the Dead celebrations and festivities, as well as highlights activities and attractions for travelers to explore both during and after the holiday.
Through a bespoke microsite, travelers can:
- Learn about regional Day of the Dead festivities and celebrations
- Discover regional dishes and local attractions
- Explore bookable activities and sightseeing recommendations
- Browse hotel and accommodation deals in highlighted regions
- Search and book flights to Mexico on an Aeroméxico route map
- Book flight and hotel travel packages on a dedicated landing page on Expedia.com
The campaign, which was developed by Expedia Group Media Solutions’ in-house creative agency, Creative Partnerships, is being supported by social media, display ads and video, and will be an ongoing resource for the holiday in years to come. “Day of the Dead” is currently live on Expedia.com in the U.S. and will run through November 30, 2019.
The Mazatlan Post