This grown-up popsicle is made creamy from the combination of avocado and yogurt. It tastes indulgent without many calories attached to it.
Avocado-Green Tea Popsicle
Calories106.7 Per Serving
Protein4g Per Serving
Fiber2.8g Per Serving
- 1 avocado (halved, pitted)
- 1 banana (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp green tea matcha powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Spoon the avocado’s flesh into a food processor or blender, also adding the chopped banana, milk, yogurt, matcha powder, and honey.
- Purée until the mixture is smooth.
- Carefully pour the mixture into 6 (4-ounce) popsicle molds. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours.
- Run the outside of the popsicle mold under warm water to easily remove popsicle from the mold.
Cooking Tip: Matcha is a finely powdered green tea loaded with many antioxidants, often found at health food stores, if not in the tea aisle of the grocery store. Consider adding 1 to 2 teaspoons into a morning smoothie or make an afternoon drink of fat-free milk, matcha powder, and ice in the blender.
Keep it Healthy: Trying to reduce sugar intake? Adding a banana or other ripe fruit, like in this popsicle recipe, is a smart way to add sweetness.
Tip: Add a little ice into this recipe to turn this into a smoothie for 2. Or, sprinkle a little granola into the popsicle molds before filling with the base to make this into a breakfast popsicle.
The Mazatlan Post