The area with the greatest presence of these marine animals is the monument to the fisherman to the north to the hotel Sands Las Arenas approximately
Mazatlan, Sinaloa.- Staff of the Water Rescue Squadron sends an alert to both local bathers and tourists to watch out for jellyfish yesterday morning alone more than 12 people have been treated, most of them minors, that were affected by not attending the lifeguard warning.
The area with the greatest presence of these marine animals is the monument to the fisherman to the north to the hotel Sands Las Arenas approximately.
The elements of the Municipal Public Security Secretariat that remain vigilant throughout the beach area, exhort visitors to take precautions since the bite of this marine animal can interrupt the family’s outings.
It is recommended that in order not to affect family leisure time, parents should pay more attention to younger children, as contact with a jellyfish, causes intense pain which persists for 30 to 60 minutes. , although it can last at 6 or 7 hours, in addition, the lesion caused by the jellyfish does not last more than three days.
What to do if you suffer from bad water burn?
- Wash affected area, do not use fresh water or vinegar, because that activates the cells that cause burning.
- Apply ice to reduce inflammation
- Apply ointment with Lidocaine or Benzocaine that are also found in sunburn products.
- Seek medical attention if you have difficulty breathing or if you have muscle spasms.
- If the affected area is an eye should be washed with plenty of natural water at the time for at least 20 minutes. If the discomfort continues, you should go to the doctor.
Source: el debate
The Mazatlan Post