If you need medical attention but you have no employer or are a legal resident you can purchase Family Health Insurance in the IMSS.
IMSS Family Health Insurance allows people who do not have social security to access the medical services offered by the Mexican Social Security Institute ( IMSS ), such as medical, surgical, pharmaceutical and hospital assistance, through the payment of anticipated annual fees.
According to information from the Institute, this incorporation can be individually or collectively. You can also do it as a Mexican working abroad.
This process of Health Insurance for the Family can be done by the owner of the family or a collective group, or by means of a legal representative. If you are a Mexican worker abroad, you can do it by means of a representative through a simple power of attorney.
HOW MUCH DOES AN IMSS INSURANCE COST?
If you have no employer but you need to buy a Family Health Insurance on your own, you have to know the following:
- You can buy the insurance at any time of the year.
- Once you have joined, the medical services of the IMSS will begin the first day of the following month.
- The annual fee will depend on your age range, in the values shown below.
COST OF FAMILY HEALTH INSURANCE BY AGE:
- 0 to 19 years = $ 3,250
- 20 to 29 years = $ 3,850
- 30 to 39 years = $ 4,100
- 40 to 49 years = $ 5,700
- 50 to 59 years = $ 6,000
- 60 to 69 years = $ 8,700
- 70 to 79 years = $ 9,050
- 80 years and over = $ 9,100
Expats. Valid PASSPORT, FM2 or FM3
Certified copy of the Marriage Certificate. Original and copy.
Current official identification. Original and copy.
Single Registry of Population Register (CURP). Copy
Proof of payment of the anticipated annuity (for each member of the family group). Original and copy.
Certified copy of the Birth Certificate. Original and copy.
Proof of address. Original and copy.
Data of the applicant or legal representative. Original and copy.
Medical questionnaire provided by the IMSS. Original and copy.
- Mazatlan bazaars are here to stay and Mercado Rosa is one of them
- ‘Zurdo’ Ramírez will have a victory parade along the coastal promenade of Mazatlán today
- Video: Humpback whales fall over whale watching boat full of tourist in the Sea of Cortez
- These are the 4 dirtiest neighborhoods in Mazatlan! Check if yours is on the list